I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kate & Andy | Wedding

Photobucket

Today is Kate & Andy's one month anniversary - Happy Anniversary guys! I couldn't think of a better gift than to see your pictures - so I've been waiting a few days to post this.

Kate & Andy were married at Bishop's Bay in Middleton on a incredibly beautiful day. The small country club is beautifully situated on Lake Mendota, with the Capitol visible across the water. This is another one of those weddings where there is just so much to tell you about, so hold on to your seats:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Kate's beautiful Paloma Blanca gown:
Photobucket
Photobucket

The ladies had a great view of the ceremony starting to take shape from the getting ready room:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Andy, waiting to walk out the doors:
Photobucket

I love that you can see Kate peeking thru the doors behind Melissa here:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I took a risk and got a different vantage point on this bridal entrance:
Photobucket

They had their rings in a small (real!) bird's nest and it was passed around thru the guests so that each could bless them before they exchanged the rings:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kate's flower choices were so gorgeous - the color combination was entrancing. I took my cue for editing from this selection actually - clean, crisp and vibrant:
Photobucket
Photobucket


The lakeside ceremony had so many incredibly personal touches, it was really a great one to be part of. They had several people responsible for delivering a message about marriage as it related to a certain body of water (which had been significant to Kate & Andy). They each had a vial of this water, and combined them as they spoke, forming one larger vial of water, which Kate & Andy used to water a fig tree for their new home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We took just a few minutes in the pine trees and on the lakefront to grab a few shots:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Before we knew it, it was time for the reception to begin:
Photobucket

Their first dance was an upbeat Aretha Franklin song - and they totally improvised and had fun with it:
Photobucket
Photobucket

They had the most heartwarming speeches. Kate's Dad even got up I think three times because he kept remembering something else he wanted to say!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The dancefloor was packed like I have never seen before. At times there was no room for anyone to join in - check the slideshow for a shot of that. Kudos to Celebrations DJ, they did a great job!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kate really enjoyed the dancefloor, and her hair totally took the hit for that. I have never seen a bride do this - but where there is a need, there is a solution:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Andy's mother's family all huddled in the corner of the tent and I overheard them discussing how best to ambush Kate. I kept an eye on them and they ended up all forming this group around her and singing this wonderful little version of "consider yourself one of the family" at the top of their lungs. It was a huge hit:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And, because all of this fabulousness wasn't enough - they had an after party of pizza and beer pong. Dartmouth beer pong to be exact, which I found was totally different from Wisconsin beer pong. Their friends even made custom wedding beer pong tables in their colors with pics of them decopaged on them.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The ring shot. Points to whomever can figure out where I shot it:
Photobucket

Enjoy the Slideshow:

2 comments:

Ardent Photography said...

Nice Molly!!!

I love the bride's dress!!! If I had to do it all over again I would pick a style like that! It was really flattering for her and very sophisticated.

I have to guess that the rings were shot on an air vent or AC unit...

hmmmm I love this game!!!

Meghan said...

Molly, it is time to confess where the rings were shot!:)