I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Adrienne & Chris | Engagement



The water was calm, the crickets were barely chirping, there wasn't even a wind - just a slight, slight breeze. Even Adrienne was calm, relaxed, happy. Yet he stared down at the camera in his fingers, hands trembling, sweat beads forming on his forehead. He took a deep breath. This moment right here, it wasn't the hardest part. He knew she was going to say yes. So many other things had been harder. Telling her he loved her. No, that had only been hard for a second. Asking her out for the first time. No, that was easy. Spending 4 and a half years apart. Well, not much beats that. Well, not much except hearing "Sit down, son." come out of what he hoped was his future father-in-law's mouth. They both knew why he was there. That had been a moment to sweat. And sweat he had. But this, this was just a formality almost. He knew the outcome, didn't he? Giving his head a quick shake, he wiped his hands on his jeans, set the camera down, hit the record button and ran back over to Adrienne who was waiting to take their picture in front of the lake. When he reached her, she smiled, and instead of turning back at the camera with her to smile he got down on one knee.







I love this shot. Adrienne and Chris met in gym class in high school, during a dance unit. Here they are trying to show me the crazy dance that brought them together:






We had a ton of fun on this shoot. Adrienne and Chris had lots of ideas as we explored, and we discovered (well, I discovered) that Adrienne has a strong fascination with birds. You'll see what we found in Anthropologie that she was pretty stoked about in the slideshow.
Enjoy the slideshow:

3 comments:

Darci said...

Oh get out - that ampersand is perfection!

Claire said...

Yes yes yes! Looooove the ampersand!

And I totally dig the dance picture, as well as the two under it.

bridechic said...

stunning photos