I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lisa & Steve | Engagement

Photobucket

She stared at her reflection in the mirror as she brushed her hair. Tonight they had celebrated seven years together. Seven years. It had been so long, and had gone so quickly. She looked down at her hand, now newly adorned with a sparkling diamond and the promise of the future. She looked again at the woman staring back at her in the mirror - quite different from the girl who had giggled and flirted her way through that Admirals Game where they had met. She laughed to herself now too, thinking of how strange it was that they had attended school together for years, one never really knowing about the other until that day when they happened to sit next to each other at the game. A few years later when it became clear that Steve was the one, her college roommate had scoffed at her, replying "Don't be silly Lisa, no one meets the love of their life in High School".
Maybe they do, she thought to herself now, looking down at the ring again and remembering the sweet words he had used to propose, the glowing candlelight all around them, the warm feeling that had washed over her. Maybe they do...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Steve was the one who contacted me. In all honesty, I take notice when I hear from grooms, it is fairly rare for them to be the ones in charge of finding a photographer. Once I met them both, it was clear that Steve was just trying to do his part to keep wedding planning from overtaking their lives, and from increasing Lisa's stress level. How sweet! They were a blast to shoot with, always joking and smiling and laughing. We had fun chasing light along the lakefront, swapping stories and telling tales. And, I have to admit, I have a special soft spot for any couple that got engaged after dating seven years - that was Hubby's and my magic number too.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Enjoy the slideshow:

2 comments:

Amanda B. Young said...

Looove that last photo. They are all gorgeous though!

Claire said...

The last is my fave too!