I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Alex | Two Years Old

Photobucket

You might remember Alex from his One Year Old session. I had the honor of shooting with him again this year for his 2 year old pictures. He has grown so much, I don't even know if I can describe it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

One thing is for sure, chasing a two year old during a shoot is way harder than when they are one! He is so willful and full of his own ideas now, I had to just follow his lead and see where he took me instead of directing him.

Photobucket
Photobucket

There was one common theme to our shoot though: Ball. It was the one word Alex really knew well, and it is his one obsession. Seriously, the kid loves balls like most love their security blankets. We played golf, tee-ball, watched some tennis, but all Alex would say was "Ball". If we tried to distract him from the balls, he would look at what we were pointing at, think a second, then look up at us and say "Ball". This shot, where he is hugging a ball he found, I think demonstrates the depth of his love:
Photobucket

And just to show how much he has grown, here is last year's walking away shot, and then this year's (below):

Photobucket

Let the cuteness begin:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The quintessential "I'm 2!" shots:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Alex "hung" for the first time from these parallel bars on our shoot:
Photobucket

Alex, I'm really looking forward to being your annual photographer. I had a blast, I hope you did too.

Photobucket

2 comments:

MrsGrocho said...

Once again you have capture our son's personality perfectly!! These pictures are great and we can't wait to share them with our family.

Claire said...

Oh he is too cute! Adorable!

I think my favorite is the second one with the "2"...followed closely by the parents swinging him (I SO want that shot for me and my children!) and the b/w with baseball glove.