I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kim & Mike | Engagement



"I have the perfect girl for you" his friend declared. With a bit of a cocky air, Mike thought. He had been set up before. It had always been a disaster. And it always started off with 'I have the perfect girl for you'. Funny how those that had already found their someone were so confident they could find that person for their friends so easily. Mike rolled his eyes and thought, what is one more try? "Okay" he said, "lay it on me". Later the next day he found himself walking into a mexican restaurant, somewhat begrudgingly, on his way to meet the "perfect girl". He nodded at the hostess and turned the corner to walk into the bar. She was supposed to be wearing blue. Scanning the bar tables, his eyes stopped on a gorgeous creature swirling her margarita and shyly glancing around the bar. And wearing blue. He paused where he was, not so much out of his own decision, but out of the fact that his feet were suddenly glued to the floor. The rest of the room seemed to fade away into a melted mess of color and the upbeat spanish music became a low mumble in his ears, barely audible. Minutes passed, but they felt like seconds. This is what it must be like, he thought to himself. This is what is like when you see her. The one. She looked up from her table and met his gaze. He managed to unglue his feet and the room around him came back up to speed again like someone had turned the power back on. Walking over to the table he laughed to himself. Just when you are sure she isn't out there.... "Hi, I'm Mike, you must be Kim".





Well, it might have been love at first sight for Mike, but Kim admits it took her a couple of months. After spending a couple of hours with them, I can see that about them. Mike is much more impulsive, much more the type to jump in feet first, and Kim is much more the type to wait, watch and make a informed decision. Which is proubably part of why they complement each other so well.

We hit up the family farm of my good friends The Nelsons (thanks again guys!) and had some fun dodging sheep, exploring fields and swatting bugs for this session. I also took them out to this tree that I have had my eyes on for years, it is just so cool, and the perfect expression of two people like this coming together and coexisting as a unit.






Kim and Mike really brought it for their session. They look fantastic on camera.




The Mthree Signature Portrait:


Check out more of our fun in the slideshow:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely, completely, oddly, perhaps overly in love with the tree picture. Just thought you should know!
-Calie Henrickson