I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, October 6, 2008

Jill & Jim | Engagement

Photobucket
I am in love with the blow-out on the above picture. I've been wanting to do something like that for awhile, and the sunny day we spent shooting Jill & Jim's session was perfect for it. So don't bother emailing me about the blow-out on my highlights - I know - it was intentional. :0)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The pub they had wandered into was full of energy. A cacaphony of different conversations swirled around them, punctuated by cheers for the football game on the television. The walls were covered in old photographs and memorabilia, reaching back at least a hundred years. It was exactly as you would imagine an Irish pub to be - old, musty, full of "regulars" and good times. He ordered them a couple of pints and they chose a table near a window, next two two french woman chatting away. It was a delayed anniversary gift, this trip, six months of waiting for the date to finally arrive. But now that they were here, it was perfect, he couldn't have planned it better if he had tried. Six months ago it wouldn't have been nearly a much fun, he hadn't loved her this much. Their beer arrived and they both took a long slow sip. savoring the new flavor. She leaned back in her pub chair and looked out the window. The fading daylight caught her face just right from his vantage point and he thought, here in this moment, she had never been more beautiful. And there it was, all of a sudden, an urge had popped into his chest and without further thought or delay he grabbed her hand and burst with a question, "Will you marry me?" She laughed and cried out "Yes!" and they immediately jumped up from their seats to embrace. The French women next to them began talking excitedly and taking pictures. He hugged her closer and realized he would never love her as much as he did right now, it would always be more.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Jill & Jim met because of Jim's dog, Jarvis. Some mutual friends (unbeknownst) had recently bought a dog as well, and met Jim because he had gotten his at the same time. Those friends introduced Jim to Jill and friendship quickly turned into courtship. So it seemed only fitting that Jarvis come along for part of the shoot. He was fun, and such a good sport about traipsing up and down the many trails - even when we got lost and looped back twice. I took him from Jim for a moment on the beach so Jim could adjust his sleeves - assuring him that I was stronger than I looked and I could handle him. Ummm, no. I was wrong. Jarvis is crazy strong - and I was seconds from ending up in the lake with him when Jim grabbed the leash back. Note to self - do not become a large dog handler.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jill & Jim's wedding is this weekend! They planned the whole shindig in four months. It should be a blast, so watch soon for their wedding pics.

Enjoy the slideshow:

2 comments:

Claire said...

I absolutely love the shot under your note to self - perfect!

Carrie said...

Aw, that dog looks just like mine. Very cute shots.

I just did a session there, too. It's a wonderful location!