I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged.

Carrie tagged me. It is my fourth time being tagged, the first one I participated in, the following two I blatantly ignored (sorry Darci!), so this one I will do, with a twist. I'll list the seven random things, but I'm not going to tag seven new people, I'm going to tag one, with a whole new game.

My Seven Random Facts:

1. I once met Tom Arnold on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills while I was wearing a (oh, so stylish) cowboy hat and he was wearing a painted-on referee shirt. My friend Britany was with me, and we were on the opening credits of "The Best Damn Sports Show" for a year or two thanks to the encounter.

2. Today is Leap Day and also our niece's birthday (I don't do birthday posts for the under 18 set), officially she is 4 years old today, but in reality she is 16. When she was born her dad said she couldn't date till she was legally 16 - which would make her dating age 64. Ha! Happy 4th Birthday Chelsey!

3. Hubby and I had a spontaneous honeymoon - we picked a location about four days before our wedding (though I think if left entirely up to us, we would have chosen at the airport), hopped on the plane, landed, rented a car and chose a hotel as we drove towards a general area. It turned out great and was a fun adventure.

4. If you look in M Magazine this month - you'll see Mthree Studio credited for some charity event pictures.

5. I have a pair of indoor soccer shoes in my closet that I have owned since the sixth grade. That makes them about 18 years old or so - and they are still the most comfortable pair of shoes, though they look terrible.

6. I spent part of my childhood in Roanoke, Virginia. When it would snow there we would be stuck on the mountain we lived on for days b/c they didn't have the means to deal with snow. I can remember walking up the mountain to my friend's house with sled in tow - right in the middle of the street - no cars were out, it was too dangerous.

7. Despite my terrible, terrible math skills I was in advanced/gifted math in Elementary School. Things got hairy with algebra.


So, the New Bridal Ideas tagging game:
Rules:
-List your top three favorite new wedding ideas.
-Link back to the post of the person who tagged you - this will create a continuous stream of posts that readers can follow.
-Tag a new person and share the rules.

I'll start:

1. Fortune Bouquet Toss - a bundle of smaller bouquets with a "wish" or "fortune" attached to each one (i.e."You will marry a world traveler") No one knows there are several bouquets until you toss, and they split apart. Bonus - the guy who catches the garter gets to dance with several women!

2. Station Dinners - several entrees served on a smaller scale. Guests get up and mingle, sampling and resampling food from the different stations as much as they like. It takes a savvy caterer - but is so worth it!

3. Ceremonies that have family members or friends contributing - ask your parents to say a few words about your relationship or about marriage (straight from their hearts) or, my favorite - select four or five people to do this, standing in a circle around you and your fiance.

It is so hard to pick, but I know everyone will get their chance. So, Darci - it is your turn and pass it on!

2 comments:

Darci said...

I love this idea!! I'll post this weekend :)

Carrie said...

Very clever. Nicely done. :)