I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, February 25, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday



Yesterday I got together with several local photographers as part of the Photography Guild. Truly an awesome group of people and I got to meet some professionals that I've been admiring for a long time. We did brunch at Coast (I can't even tell you how yummy that was - so amazing) and then toured the Foto exhibition at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Here are all of us in front of the art museum, as taken by Norenna Patrick. Top row from left to right is: David Jackson, Carol , Janet McMillian, Linda, Nancy, and Mia. Bottom Row from left to right: Me, Charlie, Lisa and Scott. I can't wait for the next one!

___

I made hubby watch the Oscars last night. I love the Oscars - it takes me back to my filmmaking days. The dresses were beautiful, the set was amazing. It was the 80th Oscars this year and that reminded me that I was at the 75th Oscars. I was still in grad school and for a set design class we actually got backstage passes and a tour from the production and lighting designers on the day before. It is an amazingly beautiful theater, though not as big as it looks on tv (nothing ever is) and the set designs are so complex. There is a different look for each segment of the show - everytime someone new walks out, it changes. And the lighting designer doesn't just have to light the stage (which is challenge enough) but also the audience. Oh yes, and Jack is ALWAYS in the front row - I remember them specifically telling us that.

---

I haven't looked it up to confirm, but I'm pretty sure every major acting award last night went to non-americans. Hubby was getting upset because it seemed that the british were taking over. Except for the Coen Brothers who took home three.

___

As always on Oscar night, Hubby tries to figure out how he can win an Oscar (seeing as how I failed to do so with my film)- we have decided his best shot is Documentary Short Subject or Original Screenplay.

___

Why did Miley Cyrus present last night? What in the world does she have to do with the Oscars? Can someone explain this one to me?

---

Why does every host on CNBC yell into the camera for their whole show? Is it supposed to inspire me?

___

The new website is about half done - I'm hoping to finish it this week. Hallelujah! I hope it will be worth the wait.

___

I ate this amazing pastry yesterday called a pop-over. I will be learning how to make these, and well. Stop laughing. Kim Bedarski assured me they are easy.

---

It is officially the dead of winter because despite the fact that it is 30 degrees out today I thought "Oh, It's so nice out! Maybe I won't wear a jacket!" Oh, and the potholes are bigger than craters. Seriously.

___

Have a great Monday and stay warm!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm curious about this photo guild. Could you e-mail me a little more info? I'd love to meet some local photographers -- including you! :)

Molly said...

Carrie - I would be happy to include you on the upcoming emails, just shoot me an email. Your blogger profile doesn't give me any info to contact you.