I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, February 9, 2008

Winter Engagement Shoots

I was browsing through some fellow photographer's blogs today and I'm loving all the winter shots. The light at this time of year is just so beautiful and clear. It is universally flattering - like being lit by a giant softbox. The images are just positively yummy. Remember Sarah & Jim's snowstorm shoot? - point made.

If any of my clients out there that have yet to schedule their engagement sessions (and that is most of you!) are even remotely considering a winter shoot - I say Go For It! It will be fun, beautiful, and like no one else's. The requirements are only that it be above 30 degrees and not raining, and that you be game for being a little cold and dealing with the snow. Having snow would be preferable, but we seem to have no shortage of that now (seeing as how it is snowing, again, as I type this). Let me know if you want to give it a go - you won't be sorry.

And so as not to post without some eye candy - I give you one particularly inspiring shot - by the incomparable David Jackson:

2 comments:

Melissa DiStefano said...

I so wish we had snow in Florida! Well sometimes, when I see pictures like this, but really... only in pictures, because I don't like to be that cold...so not really, in actually, I just love pictures like this.

craig stodola said...

WONDERFUL capture. LOVE IT.