I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Difference - Part 2

This post is part of an ongoing series of explanations on what exactly I think might set me apart from the general photography din out there. Other people may offer some of the same, and still others have completely different offerings. These posts are not meant to say any one choice is good or bad - we all serve the market in our own way. And each business makes its own choices as to its offerings. These are mine. To see previous posts on this topic, go to the post organizer at the right and click on "The Difference".

I have a non-shooting assistant.

Doesn't seem like it should be anything to crow about really, does it? But having this invaluable member of my team along on your wedding day means that I can focus on taking beautiful pictures, not lugging gear, locating Aunt Sally for a family formal or even fluffing your dress. They help me take better pictures, and often they help your day run smoother as well. They are a catch-all gopher that gets paid in small monetary ways and (hopefully) free cake.

Who is this mystery assistant you ask? I have a small group of them, all former brides themselves, so they understand the drama of a wedding day and how to deal with it. They are all super nice and have been known to hold flowers, fix boutineres, fluff dresses, fetch you some water, and just about anything else that comes up - all in the name of fantastic pictures. They are also in charge of the infamous clipboard containing the list of groupings you need for family formals - making that part of your day as painless as possible. They each have a particular skill set that is unique to them as well - some are super organized and on-point, some are my partners in crime, some have a gift to befriend anyone, and some are such fantastic photographic subjects themselves they tend to infect the bride and groom with their posing and camera-seducing abilities. I try to choose the one most appropriate for the needs of your day and we have a winning combination.

And the best part - I don't charge you anything extra for this little added bonus. It is just something I need to do a great job, so I consider it part of my costs. I appreciate them far more than I could ever pay them, and I know they make a difference in the quality of my work.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

fantastic post molly! the assistants are fabulous if i do say so myself! :0) and not just because i am one of your assistants but because i have been on the receiving end of having that extra person when you shot my wedding- katie was fabulous! she was so focused and ready to go- she really kept the group together and told people where they needed to be! kudos to her and to you and all of your assistants for running a fantastic photo team!

Miss Sass said...

It is true. You had an assistant for Harmony's wedding (I was the MOH) and she was very sweet and helpful. I believe your assistant for the day was your sister, but I could be fudging the details. I do remember having you there (with assistant) definitely enhanced the wedding day. Not like at other weddings I've seen where the photography seems to be an interruption on the event. Bonus-- for being an amazing contribution to Harmony's wedding day. And a big relief for me, already having many responsibilities myself. But most importantly the pictures were STELLAR! I recommend you to everyone, and I know Harmony does too. :) Thank you for being fabulous.

Molly said...

I swear I did not pay these two to write this! But thanks guys! Your comments mean a lot!