I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow and more Snow





If you are reading my blog from anywhere outside of Southern Wisconsin, you are the only one not sick of hearing about or seeing the fluffy white stuff. We are in the middle of a heinous snow storm, that has already dumped about 14 inches on us and looks to do at least 3 more (mind you, we already had about 6 inches or so on the ground). And then there is the wind - gusting and blowing everything all over the place and making visibility zero. The airport is closed even. Plows are working hard, but it doesn't matter because more snow just gets blown on top of what they just cleared, and you can't see anyway. Hubby is out helping some friends whose snowblower broke, and I'm hunkered down in my office, watching the spectacle out the window. I took some shots from inside my warm house for you - if you think I'm going outside, even for the sake of a good picture, you are nuts. The second picture above though is of a tree in our front yard - a tree that is usually compact and tall, but is so overladen with wet heavy snow that it has taken on the appearance of an octopus.

On a slightly unrelated note, I just heard there were tornados in Nashville and 52 people died - I've been calling my good friend Britany to see if she is okay, but no response yet. So despite the fact that everyone I know here in Wisconsin is safe and snug in their homes, I don't know about her yet. Of course the tv news here is only briefly mentioning this since the snow is story #1-10. One news report I found on the internet said the tornadoes lifted and skipped Nashville before touching down again - for her and her hubby's sake, I hope that is true. I'll be waiting >somewhat< patiently by the phone until she calls.

**Udpate: Britany and Scott are fine. The tornados did skip over Nashville. But she could see a gas main explosion from their house. And her hubby said "It was pretty exciting!" Britany did not agree.

No comments: