I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, February 7, 2008

More Snow Stories



I don't know why, but this conversation that Hubby and I had this morning just cracks me up. It was had with me in my office (the dining room) at my desk, and hubby standing by the door as he is leaving for work.

Hubby: "Here comes my arch nemesis"

Me: "He always wins babe, just let it go"

Hubby: "No. I'm gonna watch him. He'll see me. And if he piles all that snow up in front of the fire hydrant again I'm going out
there"

Me: "Honey, I don't think the city of Franklin plow would purposely plow in the fire hydrant"

Hubby: "He did yesterday - you know I'm going to call the city and let them know that I don't mind keeping it clear, but it can't be a several times a day job"

Me: "mmm hmmm."

there is a pause. (I'll take this moment to point out that though I can't see him, hubby is standing in our entry way, watching the plow thru the side windows of our door, intently.)

Hubby: "Now he's pushing all the snow on our lawn back. No! Really, it can stay in the middle of the cul-de-sac. You don't need to pile it... Ohhhh...."

another pause

Hubby: "Well, we have a protective wall of snow being built in front of our house"

Me: "In the driveway?"

Hubby: "No,... he knows I'm watching him"

At this point I get up to come and see what he is so fascinated by.
There is a giant orange plow truck carefully plowing out the circle into our yard.

Hubby: "Now there are two of us watching him. He knows."

me: "You think he'll behave then?"

Hubby: "He has to."

me: "Do you think there is training for plowing snow?"

Hubby: "Yes. It is a very serious job" (I would like to point out that Hubby takes his snowblowing Very, Very seriously. There are wrong and right ways to do it, there is a whole school of philosophy on it written by his father, and trust me, he only does it the right way.)

Me: "Oh no! He's going to plow in the mailbox!"

Hubby: "No, I snowblew that out yesterday" (we have yet to decide if the proper conjugation here is "snowblew" or "snowblowed")

We watch for awhile -why, I don't know. Oh yeah, that's right - to make the plow behave.

Hubby: "Now I know why some circles have that little piece of land in the middle (ours does not) it so there is somewhere for the snow to go."

Me: "He's turning, looks like he's headed for the fire hydrant" (frustratingly there is no window that allows us to see the fire hydrant area of our yard, though we try.)

I leave and return to my office, the obvious excitement and entertainment over. Hubby remains.

Hubby "You know, I've noticed they haven't been salting our circle."

Me: "Maybe a different truck has the salt"

Hubby: "No, he has salt. I can see it. He's just not giving us any. Some places are running out of it - so I guess they figured, 'hey, screw the four people that live on this circle!' I paid my salt taxes just like everyone else."

The plow drives away, and Hubby dejectedly puts on his coat to leave.

The End.

5 comments:

Dennis Bullock said...

This sounds like me watching the trash man and a few of my neighbors. Must be a guy thing.

jenn said...

Men. So cute. I cracked up :)

Katy said...

This is too funny...made my day!

Harmony said...

this story cracks me up- sounds like something my hubby would do :0)

Darci said...

Ha ha ha ha, men. Awesome story.