I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, March 1, 2008

PopOvers



So, I tried to make the popovers (you were all waiting with baited breath, right?). And they turned out fairly well.

One of my brides read about how I wanted to figure this out and generously shared her family's recipe - so, so nice of her and this is why I love my brides. I found the special pop-over pan at Linens n' Things and so this morning I gave it ago.



Overall, they turned out pretty good. The hardest part is that you aren't allowed to open the oven at all until they are completely done. If you do, they will collapse. Mine came out a little funny shaped on the bottoms - and a little undercooked inside. So I'm going to give them another go this afternoon later. I think I was a little timid beating the eggs...

Anyway, here is the recipe, courtesy of Katie. Give them a try yourself, you can use a muffin tin, just fill the tins halfway and use every other one.

2 eggs
1c. flour
1c. milk
1/2 t. salt
Ingredients should be at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 450.
Grease pan(s).

Beat eggs slightly. Mix in remaining ingredients until incorporated. Do not over mix.
Fill custard cups 1/2 full or muffin tins 3/4 full (the bigger container should be filled 1/2 full). If you use muffin tins fill every other cup.
Bake 20 minutes at 450. Turn down oven to 350 and bake custard cups 20 minutes more and muffin tins 15 min. more.
Pop-overs should be golden brown, slightly shiny, and crispy, when done. Serve warm however you please; with powdered sugar, jam, soup, etc.



Good luck and enjoy!!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

i am lame- what is a popover please? :0)

Unknown said...

YUM--My grandma used to make popovers, and they were amazing with honey on them. Yours look beautiful!