I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, February 18, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Safari has tabs! I think it has for a very long time - but I just realized it and it has changed my life. I haven't been won over by Firefox yet, but I did always like the tabs option, and so when I stumbled upon this feature last week I was delighted.

__

Monica has a really interesting discussion going on over at The White Box about fear of wedding planners that involves several other bloggers. Check it out!

__

Wisconsin's primary election is tomorrow. I have no idea who to vote for. I know it isn't the real election, but I'm still feeling the pangs of civic duty. As a business owner I should be voting Republican, but the options there are dismal - I don't really like John McCain, and I'm having trouble taking someone named Huckabee seriously (though I know that is silly). On the other side, I don't agree with Hillary on pulling out of Iraq in six months and the universal health care thing, and Obama I fear is empty promises. Ugh. Who are you voting for?

--

I finished Pillars of the Earth last week. Fantastic book! So multi-layered and rich. I had trouble putting it down. I admit, I wouldn't have known about it had it not been for Oprah - but it is still very good. By the end you actually end up cheering for characters you hoped would fail at the beginning of the book. And it is written from the perspective of several of the characters, seamlessly switching between them to keep you intrigued. My head is still swimming in their stories.

__

Oh Happy Blog has a nice post today on famed photographer Susan Stripling - what strikes me most about it isn't necessarily the amazing examples of Susan's work (and they are amazing) but what Oh Happy says about brides wanting photojournalism vs. editorial photojournalism. Very well put actually.

__

Happy Monday - enjoy the snow!

1 comment:

Melissa DiStefano said...

Love Misc Mondays! :)

I think you should vote for Huckabee, the Fair Tax would be revolutionary for us small business owners! Forget the name - vote with your wallet :)