I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Love Poem...

Oh, Anthropologie, How I love thee,
Let me count the many ways:

One is this dress that would be perfect for the weddings I'll be attending (not shooting) this summer, if it doesn't go onsale it will be a real bummer:


Two is a strikingly charming armchair upholstered with a pattern of parrots floating in air:


Three is for the trio of wallpaper strips I could never afford, but would keep my kitchen wall from being bored:

(I would hang them just like this as if they were art, floating of the wall, suspended from two well placed tacks)

Four is the many ways you allow me to indulge my obsession with the initials in my name no two ever the same:




Five is the couch I will never be brave enough to buy, but that for my studio or a photo shoot would be so fly:


Six is a pretty barette, but for thirty dollars, I will not get:


Seven is what could be a gorgeous collection of hand-blown voluminous vases, for my sister's wedding you would light up faces:


And Eight is for a necklace of pearls and gold (on sale!), that hopefully on Valentines day I will hold (hint, hint):



In all seriousness, this was one of my favorite stores from my California days, a place I often could loose myself in for hours admiring all the pretty things. I have never been rich enough to be a regular purchaser, but I have always been an admirer of their unique offerings. As a former visual merchandiser I have great appreciation for their displays - always so beautiful and out-of-the-box. I am so thrilled it is in Milwaukee now and it was a true bright spot of my afternoon browsing around, taking in all the beautiful and quirky displays. I took my own pictures of these items with my iphone - but can't seem to get them onto blogger, so all of these are from the Anthropologie website. If you haven't been to the new store yet, you should go, you won't be sorry!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Just wanted you to know that your delightful little poem did not go unnoticed.

You do realize that living like no one else means I am not allowed within 50 feet of their storefront, right?

Molly said...

Ditto here Monica - It was a true test of strength to only spend 14 dollars. And I felt guilty about that!