I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, February 15, 2008

Siblings : Anytime



The uber-wonderful Danica booked me to shoot her and her siblings as a Christmas Gift for their mom. (Great idea, by the way!) My siblings and I did a similar gift for our parent's 35th Wedding Anniversary and I can tell you, this is a GOOD gift for your parents. Chances are the last nice pictures they have of you and your siblings are from your high school years.

Our original plans to be outdoors the whole time were thwarted by a potential snowstorm, so we decided at the last minute to start at the Intercontinental just to give us some options. Super, super cool location. The lighting for photography purposes is not so great though. Danica, Ryan and Stephanie explored the hotel with me and then hit the bar for a little mid-afternoon pick-me-up. (because, that's their thing - going to bars together, not necessarily in the afternoon) Things definately got better after a few drinks - so much so, I might start all my sessions that way.

I have to admit, Ryan was quite skeptical throughout the whole shoot - but he did give us some great funny faces. The series above is topped by my favorite shot of all three of them. We did venture into Lake Park after the bar, and played around in the snow briefly. A few speed walkers even asked the trio if they were models! And the results from the outdoor location just furthers my belief in the universal flattering qualities of an overcast winter day.

Anyway, enjoy the slideshow:

2 comments:

Monica said...

Awww! Fun! These are some great shots. I know what you mean about the Intercon, but I love the playfulness there. The snow is a perfect place to shoot--everyone looks great! I'm glad you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love Danica!