I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, February 1, 2008

Pssst! I have a Secret...

Well, it isn't really a secret, but as far as the blog is concerned, it has been little discussed that I have a bit of a double life professionally. Photography truly is the bulk of my work day, except when the snow is flying here in Wisconsin. Weddings come to a slow crawl and I fall back on what has always paid the bills for me - Graphic Design. Yep, I'm also a designer. I've been working in Graphic Design since my first year of college, and it has always been a reliable way to bring in a paycheck - the proverbial "skill" that I could fall back on. So when I started Mthree Studio, I was sure to include Design in the offerings, to help round things out and give me a break from photography now and then.

If you've explored my website, you'll see some examples of design I have done for weddings and also more commercial clients. The great bulk of my commercial work remains in seclusion - as I'm bound by confidentiality agreements to not say really anything, much less post pictures. But the wedding work I can share - after the items have been sent out to their original recipients. So I'm backtracking today and showing you some work that has come out of Mthree Studio in the past few months, but apparently I neglected to blog about. There is a new set of Save the Dates that went in the mail yesterday - but those will have to wait till the bride and groom get a chance to send them out. Last names or identifying details have been blacked out in the pictures.

This one is for Nick and Sara. We did a custom photo strip with the two of them holding a sign in each frame reading Save. The. Date. 7-XX-08. (the advantages to being a photographer and a designer). The strip was then attached to a card made of sparkly black paper, printed with serigraphy. Everything was enclosed in a bright red envelope to contrast.


A destination wedding in Madison? Well it is when all of your guests are from out of town. I made a Save the Date for Kate and Bobak that features the capitol building and a modern elegance with a bit of a wink to the wording. I just love the swirly-ness of this one so much, I had to show you a detail shot as well.



Here is a thank you note I did for one couple, to use for showers and engagement gifts. (Darci, you are going to love this one) It also features a custom monogram developed for them.


For a couple who really loves their Harley - a playful Save the Date with a custom illustration.


I'm going to try to blog more about design as it comes up - I have a full plate this wedding season with wedding suites so that should prove fruitful for the blog.

3 comments:

Darci said...

I do love that thank you note SO much! All of them are gorgeous, though. Great work Molly!

jessica lynn said...

super super super cute...you're so talented!!!

Anonymous said...

I SO wish that my wedding photographer was even an 1/8 as talented as you are...