I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Voting Tuesday


(from google images)

So, my offhanded comment yesterday about not knowing who to vote for actually caused several of my readers to email me and share their views on who the best candidate is. It is so sweet of all of them to share their knowledge and opinions, and I was surprised so many were so helpful.

While cruising the net briefly this morning for some way to compare the candidates in a basic way I came across Glassbooth which is this super cool site that uses a brief quiz to help you see which candidate most shares your beliefs. (After I found it, I did see it on a number of other blogs too).

For me at least, it proved what I already knew - that I'm mostly in the middle. The site says I'm 68% in line with Obama, but I'm also just a few points less in line with just about every other candidate - and so I'm in the middle. The cool thing is that the site tells you how different you are on the key issues and why, with links to more information. So now I have to decide which issues I feel most strongly about and choose the candidate most in line with those. The choice for president is important, but I feel that whomever it is, they are only as powerful as the senate and house lets them be really.

So, I hope you all took the time to get out today and vote. And if you are as bewildered as me, check out Glassbooth and get some insight. Some of the things the quiz asks about I didn't even know were issues in this race.

I promise a non-political post tomorrow!

No comments: