I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wisconsin Bride



If Wisconsin has a fabulous wedding magazine - this is it: Wisconsin Bride. Beautiful, well edited and chock full of actual, real, local information; I know I loved this magazine as a bride, and I continue to love it as a wedding professional. The cover featured above is on newstands now. The fashion photography in here is gorgeous - so many beautiful settings, styles and compositions. There is an article about Trashing the Dress, which was fun, but I think it misses the mark a bit creatively.

This magazine is also well known for it's "Best of XXXX (Year)" contests. Each year they take nominations and votes from the general public (you!) and compile them to award their "Best of" awards. The voting for 2008 is underway. I know I don't stand a chance in winning, but it would be nice to be on the radar screen. If you would like to cast your vote for any or all of the categories - here is the link. Just a little something fun to do on this dreary, icy day. Nominate everyone you feel served you well for your wedding, who you have heard great things about or who you are thrilled with so far in your planning. There are so many great vendors out there that don't get recognition. Of course, if you would like to add me to that nomination, I would be thrilled!

I know I promised a post with a photo today (does the cover above not count?) I'll try for something more substantial tomorrow.

1 comment:

jenn said...

I love WI Bride! Great articles and ideas.