I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, January 8, 2008

So.... Who Won?

The "Best of 2007" Contest ended at midnight last night and I am bowled over by how many people participated in this contest!
There was a whopping 126 votes in total - I just can't believe that. I'm flattered that many people visited my blog. It looks like, judging from the time stamps on the votes that it was a very hot back and forth race last night between our top two contenders right up until the last minute. (I was totally oblivious, as Hubby and I were out celebrating his birthday) There was even a vote at exactly midnight. And, a photographer from England even weighed in (waving to photographer in england!).

I'm terrible with numbers, as anyone who knows me will attest. But, I have counted the votes three times (and come up with almost three different totals), but each time HARMONY & DARIN WON by a narrow margin, just a few votes. In second place then is SARAH & JIM. I could count these votes all day long (and likely come up with different answers each time), and I appreciate the efforts both to these couples made in campaigning for their pictures. It is remarkable really what you can do when you tap into your own network of people. So... I've decided to award both couples the prize. They both will be getting an 11x14 print of their winning shot (or another shot of their choice from their shoot), framed. Harmony & Sarah - email me asap and let me know which shot you want so I can get these ordered from the lab. Congrats to all of you!




Thanks to all who participated - the remaining results were Allyson and Judy & Jeremy in third place (with five votes each), and Maya & Micheall and Jake & Jamie (with three votes each) in fourth.

Next year's contest is sure to be more spectacular than this year's (Sarah and Jim have a potential second chance with their wedding photos!) and I might have to find a better way to vote...

In the subject of wrapping things up, a few people have asked about my "Thirty in 30" plan and how it all turned out.
The answer, is not as well as it could have. My car is clean, I had it washed and vacuumed by the time my birthday came around and it has stayed clean since. My face washing had a great start and faltered around the holidays, so I need to re-establish that routine. The workouts were the worst, I was doing very well initially and predictably fell behind around the holidays, but I've picked it back up and hubby and I have decided to go the gym twice a week together, which is a good thing.
Like all life changing events I thought that I would be really upset about turning 30 and not being my ideal, and I wasn't. (I experienced much the same anticipation about our wedding) Life goes on, and the important thing is to continue to try and keep trying. Best of luck to all of you in your new year's resolutions!

1 comment:

Miss Sass said...

I love Harmony and Darin's sparkler shot. Of course, I'm slightly bias. :) Your photos for their wedding turned out phenomenal. I like calling them photos better than pictures, I just sounds more like magic. Ok, that was kinda random. So in the nature of de-lurking, this is Adell (Harmony's maid of honor). She calls me Llana after my middle name, so maybe you know me by that. Anyways, I just stumbled onto yr blog. I love yr photos. I'll add you to the "blogs i love" once i figure out how to get that stupid thing to work. When I click to subscribe to posts it brings me to this other site, bloglinks. Anyways, that was a really long msg, when all I really want to say was hi and kudos on the awesome photos. :)