I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, January 28, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

It is Miscellaneous Monday. This style post is inspired by the uber-fabulous Becker, so I can't take full credit. But Monday is a good day to have a post about a lot of little tiny things:

Did anyone out there see the Miss America Pageant? (Miss Wisconsin was in the top 10) It was so, so different this year - in some good ways and in some bad ways. As a former participant in this program I was sad to see some of the "Paris Hiltonizing" they were trying to instill and happy to see some of the realness and spark they were trying to inject into it. Sad to see a truly sub-par singer win, and sadder still to see that all three dancers did routines that were polished but technically quite basic. Talent was always the hardest part of the competition for me, and most of my tap routines were technically more difficult than anything I saw on the broadcast. The saddest part of all was we only got one question to measure the intelligence and poise of these women by. No interview, no discussions - not what I thought Miss A was about. Hmmm.

______

I'm excited for the Super Bowl. I know we are all recovering from the Packer's devestating loss, but the commercials are always worth sitting through the game - AND - this year Tom Petty will be performing the half-time show, which is freakin' awesome.

_____

Lost starts this week. I can not express how excited this is making me. It has been a long, long drought with no Lost. Hubby and I have a standing date with two friends for "Lost night" - we take turns making dinner and watch the show together with all of us searching for subcontext clues and pausing, rewinding and studying each episode. I realize this is sounding fairly nerdy. I don't care. And this week we are being rewarded for our patience with 2 full hours!

______

I cashed in one of my birthday gifts this weekend and finally got to see WICKED in Chicago. It was so amazingly good. The sets were intricate and beautiful, the staging breathtaking, and the performances were top notch. Especially the woman who played Elphaba (the wicked witch) - her voice was unbelieveable. The theater was awesome too, old and so amazingly ornate, it really suited the show. Hubby and I had a great time - thanks to mom and dad and my sister and brother-in-law for the wonderful gift!

______


Hubby and I have tickets to see Kid Rock this week - woot!

_____


I have a uber-fun photo shoot to look forward to before the Super Bowl this Sunday. Watch for a post about it next week, but it has to do with Monica and The White Box.

_____

I promise a post with pictures tomorrow!

No comments: