I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, May 12, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

If you haven't seen this amazing toast yet - please check it out. It has been making its way around the blogosphere all week. It is such a wonderful tribute to a friend - I was crying for this bride just watching it. It is also a good argument for a videographer - what a shame it would have been if they hadn't had one to capture this!

---

Does anyone else think that Barbara Walter's new book that exposes her two year affair with a married man is getting glossed over a bit? I saw a portion of the Oprah show about the new book - and I just think she finds it all too acceptable to have done this. Oprah herself admits to having had an affair with a married man in her younger years - but she also says it was wrong and that she is sorry about this. I've been paying attention and I have yet to hear Barbara say one thing about how what she did is wrong. She just keeps saying it was "wonderful". What struck me the most is she talked about how he had children at home, and yet he would spend holidays with her, and never go home. As a mother herself - she should have been slapping this man silly and telling him to go home to his kids. I just don't get it. Is she this impermeable of a public figure that we are all just supposed to sit back and say - "Oh, well she's Barbara Walters, so adultery is okay" ? A lot of the respect I had for her has gone out the window - not because she participated in an affair- but because she doesn't recognize it was wrong. What a terrible example.

---

My friend Britany (who graduated last week and had the oh so kind Tennessee man deliver her gift - if you recall last week's Misc. Monday post) was honored at her graduation when she was asked to sing for all 3,000 attendees. Her in-laws recorded it and put it up on you tube. She is truly an amazing singer. Start your week off right by taking a listen for yourself:

Britany Singing


---

Ringo Update: He is at Doggy Day Care today and I already miss him. He has made friends with a french bulldog named Tully there and also a few other yorkies. We are trying the doggy day care thing, just once a week right now. We'll see how he is today - last week he was so exhausted afterwards it took him a full day to recover. His hair is growing back and he said I can start taking pictures of him again. I'm going to try to do so this week sometime. He is learning "come" and "stay" and he has really taken to the bell training as well.

---

If you missed the post on Kate & Adam's engagement pictures that I posted on Friday, be sure to scroll down and check it out. It was definately one of my favorite shoots to date.

---

May wedding madness starts this Friday with Katie & Dave's wedding in Waukesha. I can't wait! Katie and I have been counting down the days via email for about a week now. Theirs will be the first of four weddings in three weeks.

---

May 23, 2009 is turning out to be a very popular date. I originally had two couples neck in neck to book it, one did obviously. And since then I have had four other inquiries for it. I get inquiries for dates I have booked all the time, but I started noticing that this particular one is seeing a lot of attention.

---

And finally I wanted to wish a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my many clients graduating this week (or last week)!
Kate, Kate, Kate (yep, three of my Kates) and MacKenzie from UW-law school, Kelly from Mt. Mary, and Ashley from Wisconsin Lutheran College. (If I missed anyone, I'm so sorry!) And also to Resl of the White Box, graduating from Marquette. What wonderful accomplishments you all have made.

2 comments:

crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
resl said...

thanks for the props for graduation, i'm so excited i just might fall out of my chair!