I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, May 26, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday - Memorial Day Edition

Happy Memorial Day to all! I hope you are spending it with beer, brats and fun!
I know we all look at this as a free day off or a nice long weekend, but I wanted to remind everyone it is also a holiday so that we can take a moment and remember all of those who have served our country and fought so hard for the freedom we enjoy each day. I know today I'll personally be taking a moment to thank my Grandpa Ultsch, Uncle Tom, and Uncle Terry for serving in the past and also my nephew Logan who is currently serving in the Marines in Okinawa (coincidentally, along with my good friend Britany's brother). Even one of my grooms is in the service - Peter (of Carie & Peter) is serving currently in the Air Force in Korea. You don't have to agree with war, or even the reason for being at war to appreciate the sacrifice our military men and women make.

----

I had two weddings this last weekend and I am exhausted. A full day wedding (Saturday was 15 hours) can really kick my butt. So much so, it makes me glad the gym is closed for the holiday to day. We had amazingly good weather for both, even Sunday's which should have had rain - had sunshine and not a drop fell until the guests were leaving. Sunday's wedding was also an unusual one - small (40 guests), ultra laid back, the couple was already married (back in February in Vegas), and they had an Elvis Impersonator:



(picture by a camera savvy guest)
Definately not your every day wedding!
---

I have some fabulous new Mthree stuff to brag about. For awhile now I've been trying to create a nice, slick way to present couples with the DVDs of their images. My packages have the option for you to purchase your image files, and when someone does, I want to be able to give them something a bit nicer than an office max disk and a home-made label. After a few experiments (one that hubby called " downright embarrassing"), I think we have a winner. I give you the fancy schmantzy disk cases:





I also included a personalized "snippet" on the back for each couple to fit in with my new branding.
I can't wait to drop these in the mail tomorrow!

---

Jamie and I have tickets to the Sex in the City Movie premiere on Friday and I can't wait. Bring on the cosmos!

---

Hubby got me a fabulous anniversary gift - but I'm going to wait until it arrives before I blog about it. Oh, the suspense is killing you, I know. ;0)

---
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Harmony said...

those covers are fantastic! i can't wait to see them in real life! :0)

so glad the weather held out for sunday! the wedding we went to was fabulous as well! :0)

jenn said...

I love the cd covers. i can't wait to get one!

Ohhh...I wonder what hubby got you! You guys are too cute. And that little man of yours, Ringo, is just adorable.

Carie Ann said...

molly molly molly, you make me smile every time we talk. i constantly read your blogs and check out the new pictures but since peter left, i've been a bit depressed and haven't kept up with you. finally this morning, now its afternoon, i stopped and signed in. this blog, probably because it mentioned peter and i, made me ball my eyes out. you're a great and wonderful woman mrs molly. you made my day today. you didn't just shoot your pictures and move on. you remembered us. that means a lot to me. thank you. :)