I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, May 19, 2008

One Year Ago Today...


(photo by Heather Cook Elliot)


Hubby and I were married.

I've had a lot of goals in my life, but none so precious to me as my desire to marry this man.

It is hard to believe it has already been a year. So much has changed since May 19, 2007, and yet it still feels like only yesterday, our memories of that day are still so vivid. It is true what they say, life moves faster and faster. I only have to think about it before signing my name now half as much. But I still get chills when someone calls me "Mrs. Michel".

I'm sad to give up our "newlywed" status, but so much more so, I am excited about the coming days and years I have ahead with Hubby.

This popped up on my computer as I was working on this post:

That is just the kind of hubby he is.

Happy Anniversary Babe. May this be the first of many we share. I have known from one of our first moments that we would be here one day - but it is so much better than I ever dreamed it would be.

I thought in celebration of our anniversary I would share a reading from our ceremony. Just reading it still makes me cry, it is one of my favorites, and I believe it wholeheartedly. Blog posts will be light early this week as we take some time to celebrate. Have a good one!

"Union"
by Robert Fulghum

You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment.
At some point, you decided to marry.
From that moment of yes, to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making commitments in an informal way.
All of those conversations that were held in a car, or over a meal, or during long walks – all those conversations that began with, “When we’re married”, and continued with “I will” and “you will” and “we will” – all those late night talks that included “someday” and “somehow” and “maybe” – and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart.
All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding.

The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “You know all those things that we’ve promised, and hoped, and dreamed – well, I meant it all, every word.”

Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another – acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, even teacher, for you have learned much from one another these past few years. Shortly you shall say a few words that will take you across a threshold of life, and things between you will never quite be the same.

For after today you shall say to the world –
This is my husband. This is my wife.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations to you both! :-D

jessica lynn said...

LOVE your veil!!! :) congrats on your anniversary!

Darci said...

Happy Anniversary! We're actually thinking about using that same reading at our ceremony. One of my bridesmaids used it during hers and there wasn't a dry eye in the house :)

Harmony said...

happy anniversary to both of you! you two are so cute together and truly made for each other!

enjoy today and every day from now on!
<3

Claire said...

Happy Anniversary!