I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Workin'

While out shooting portraits on Katie & Dave's wedding day we sent the wedding party off to the reception and then realized that Katie's dress needed to be bustled. I quickly handed my camera to Dave to hold and Harmony and I got to work. Dave proceeded to take pictures - because he is a cool groom like that.



So this is what it really looks like behind the scenes on a wedding day: a photographer and her assistant inspecting the back-end of a wedding dress searching for the tiny loops that will get it bustled up and all of us on the way to the next location.



Please note that said fabulous assistant does so with a lens in hand:



And yes, I shot the whole day in heels.



It didn't take long for Dave's attention to turn to his beautiful bride:




The real post about Katie & Dave's big day is coming soon, but I thought this role reversal needed some attention.
Thanks Dave!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Awww, how fun is this!? Nice job, Dave! ;-)

Love those two!

Harmony said...

fabulous! i love it! i truly can multi-task with any of your lenses in my hand now! :0)

dave was an awesome fill in photgrapher!

LVL Photography | Leda said...

What I love about this? Other than the groom taking over as photographer (ROCKSTAR!)...knowing that this is a completely NORMAL job function that's hidden somewhere in the contract. I love that I'm now able to bustle any dress in seconds!