I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, May 9, 2008

Kate & Adam



This is going to be a long one folks - there are just too many images to share.

Kate and Adam are the product of a blind date that went really, really well. The next morning Kate asked her roommate how long she should wait to call Adam again. Her roomate saw right thru her : "What are you waiting for - you LOVE him." And she was right. Kate called Adam and invited him to a picnic with friends. That picnic ended up getting extended into a 13 hour date and they have been inseperable ever since. Kate chose to forgo her plans for graduate school in New Orleans in order to stay with Adam in San Diego. A little later they moved to Madison so that Kate could attend law school. On a return visit to San Diego to see friends, Adam orchestrated a visit to Torrey Pines State Reserve, a place they had enjoyed many times while living there. Kate says she knew something was up because Adam was kind of twitching anxiously and being far more insistent than usual. On a bluff overlooking the ocean, the world shifted and Adam asked Kate to marry him.





Our shoot was just, well there isn't any other word for it but magical. We were fortunate enough to shoot at Botham Vineyards, the family vineyards of another one of my brides (another Kate). That Kate also told us that her parents had sold part of the land to a nature conservancy and if we followed a specific trail we would find the ruins of an old barn, which we did, and it was worth a hike twice as long. We had such a great time exploring and trying the wine too. (I'll do a separate post later with images from the winery itself) The day was beautiful and after Kate and Adam got over the initial awkwardness that everyone has, we got some really great shots. Get comfortable, this could be my favorite shoot to date, so I've got lots of images to share. I'm not exactly sure why these are smaller than my images usually are, though I have my suspicions. I don't have time to fix it today, so they'll have to do.

Beautiful skies are a great backdrop:








Kate and Adam have these amazing eyes - they are just all crinkly and sparkly. It is one of the first things I noticed about them. I kept asking them to look at the camera so I could capture it.




They are just so cute.


I said, "try to look cool":


When you are at a winery, well you play with the wine barrels:








When presented with a big hill of grass, you also play:




Here's the slideshow. Enjoy, I'm off to yet another engagement shoot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them!!!
THANK YOU!

:)
K

Traveling Karla said...

I LOVE THEM, TOO!!!!!

Holy cow. If you're available in California, let me know ;)

Molly said...

Karla-
I am absolutely available to come to California.
Shoot me an email!
molly (at) mthreestudio.com

Thanks for the kudos!