I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh the Places You'll Go...



For the past three days Hubby and I have been celebrating our first wedding anniversary in Las Vegas.

We decided a couple of weeks ago to bite the bullet and make the trip. I've been shuffling work around for quite some time to make room in my calendar. It was really, really hard to leave so much work behind and try to decompress and relax for a few days, but I'm really glad we did. We needed a break, and we needed to take the time out for ourselves. On Monday we had dinner at the fabulous Onda Ristorante at the Mirage, and then we saw "Love" by Cirque du Soliel. That show was so, so fabulous, I can not even describe it. It is as if they took the Beatles' music and made what you hear a visual experience instead of a hearing one. Completely breathtaking. There was one number where it was easily one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. And of course, being the hard-core Beatles fans we are made it all the more wonderful.

We also packed in a trip to the Neon graveyard (which I have been wanting to visit for years), plenty of shopping, a gondola ride at The Venetian and gambling at The Playboy Club and a host of other places too. And thanks to Hubby's comps at The Palms we got to stay in quite a mac-daddy suite, which so completely spoiled us; we didn't want to leave. It was quite a trip packed into three days.

I'll have pictures from the Neon Graveyard soon (I hope). Watch soon for Ashley and Eric's engagement session, Katie & Dave's wedding and much more in the coming days (because of course at the last minute I brought my laptop along and spent the 8+ hours on the plane editing away at photos).

Thanks to all who shared their well wishes for our anniversary - it was much appreciated!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Yay for Las Vegas! My hubby proposed to me on a gondola ride at The Venetian...thanks for bringing back that sweet memory.

Glad y'all had a blast!

Molly said...

Awww Claire! What a great story!

My best friend's hubby proposed to her in Vegas too - we went there for our anniversary - they are going to New York for their anniversary, which is where my hubby proposed. Funny coincidence I guess.