I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Katie & Dave


They traveled halfway around the world to school in Australia where they finally met; one girl from Waukesha and one boy from Madison falling in love down under.
He graduated a year ahead of her and headed to the sunny shores of California. One day she opened her door in Australia and found a trail of hundreds of candles leading up the stairs. Peppered along the way were little notes that said things like "Remember when we rode on a roller coaster?" and "Remember when we swam in the ocean?" and finally, at the top was a note that read "Remember when I asked you to marry me?". She looked up and there stood Dave, with a ring.

In about a month they will add "Remember when we got married?" to that stack of notes.



Katie and Dave couldn't be any more fun or any cuter. We had a blast during their engagement session. They are total hams and turned every location into a playground. As evidenced by this dramatic portrayal of how windy it was:


This sequence happened on a bench by the courthouse. We were shooting away normally when this odd man walked by and started um, "propositioning" Katie. They handled it well, and then when he left, Katie made the face you see in the lower right. I, of course, kept shooting.






Katie and Dave are both musicians, so when we found this sign, it seemed meant to be.


Dave is a drummer, and the tone and rhythm of this song just seemed to fit their energy. That's right people, the slideshow has music!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

These pictures are beautiful! You can feel how much fun they're having.

Monica said...

AGHH! I lOVE THESE! The slideshow was so cute! I couldn't stop smiling the whole time I watched. Great work, Molly!

craig stodola said...

What a fun shoot, and an even better love story. :)

Ardent Photography said...

This session is fabulous!!! I love the saturation of the blacks...

Was nice shooting with you last weekend! I enjoyed meeting you, I think we have a lot in common ;-)

~Amy