I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, May 17, 2008

Carlyn & Dave



Out for an evening with friends at The Wicked Hop, Dave decided to be bold and sat down at a table that happened to be where Carlyn was sitting with her friends. They struck up a conversation and have been talking ever since.



For her birthday last year he presented her with a gift. It was clear upon opening the box that he had alterior motives. The gift was a sweatshirt - Carlyn was always wearing his favorite one, so he figured, why not get her one of her own? At least that is what Carlyn thought. As she was attempting to feign gratitude for the gift, Dave was trying to get her to dig deeper in the box. There beneath the tissue was a question. When she answered correctly she got a much better gift - an engagement ring, and Dave.





















We had a beautiful sunny afternoon for their engagement shoot - and we hit our stride in the Third Ward, ending
at The Wicked Hop for a pint. The top picture in the post is by far my favorite - it may just change the way I shoot altogether. It is the kind of shot I would admire on someone else's blog and clip for future reference. Woot!

It is clear that Carlyn is going to be a beautiful bride - I'm really looking forward to their November wedding!

Here is their slideshow:
**Update: For some reason, the skintones on some of the pictures are looking weirdly magenta - not sure what that is b/c before uploading to the blog they were perfect. I'll see if I can fix it in the morning.

1 comment:

resl said...

i second the w00t. BEAUTiful photos!