I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


(photo credit to Heather Cook Elliott)

Above is one of my favorite pictures of my mom and me from my wedding day. I don't remember what we were saying here, but it captures pretty accurately how I felt. I was 29 years old, but crossing this threshold of life felt like a real separation from my parents. So a good portion of that day was spent trying to hold it together where those feelings were concerned. And it think it was the same for her.

My mother is amazing and she never gets enough credit. She has always, always given of herself, her dreams, her time and her love to each of us kids, without complaint or regret I think. It doesn't matter what it is - the tiniest thing we might need, or the slightest thing that will make our lives just a millimeter easier, and she will drop everything to do it. She has always been my partner in crime for all of my big, crazy, harebrained projects - and always the one who said - "Let's figure this out" instead of "that's not possible". It amazes me, looking back, how unselfish she was and still is about everything. I wonder if I can ever be that way. I have always been fiercely independent (just ask Hubby) and I know that made me a child and an adult that didn't seem to need her mom very much - but I did. And I look back on every instance where I have needed a rock and she has been one with great fondness and appreciation. As I grow older and carve my own path in this life, I know it seems that I need her less and less, but that just isn't true. I see more of her in myself everyday, and I am glad for that.

Today she asked to go bowling for Mother's Day - so we all did, and had a great time too. I wish I could have spent more time with her, but as usual there is so much to do for Mthree Studio. The fact that she understands that is part of what makes her so great.
I thought I would pull a couple more pictures of her out of the archives. This first one was obviously when I was very young. Please excuse the fashions, it was the seventies after all.

One from my pageant days:

And at my Bachelorette party - yep that's right, my mom was there - that is part of what makes her so great. My aunt Deb is also in this picture.


This is also my first year with an official Mother-in-law. I got lucky and got a good one who loves me like one of her own and has raised a son who is the most ideal husband and partner. Here is a picture of her with hubby and his sister when they were younger.

She was at my bachelorette party too (that is one of my sisters sandwiched between us):


Truthfully, there are a lot of moms in my life, all of which deserve a hug today and a big Thank You. To even attempt to list them all would be an attempt in futility because I know I would miss one or two. But, you know who you are - and Happy Mother's Day to you all!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

so cute! you have one great mom and she has one great daughter as well!

hope you had a good day with your mom hun! i will see you next week! :0)