I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, May 5, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

If you haven't seen the post showing off Julie & Tom's engagement session that I posted on Saturday - scroll down please. It's a good one!

---

Ringo update: Ringo has suffered an unfortunate grooming incident. I asked for a general trim all over that maintained his look. What we got was very short, very different from what I asked, and also uneven. I cried. Twice. Ringo is quite embarrassed and has made me promise that I will not blog any pictures of it while he waits for his hair to grow back. That was last Wednesday, and we are starting to see signs of his hair growing and he is getting over it.

---

I seriously need to find some time in my schedule (Ha!) to attend to the yard. All the beautiful bulb flowers are up and blooming, but so are the onslaught of weeds. Seriously, the are completely out of control already. And I need to clear out portions of our yard from many kinds of vegetation before it all creeps up on us again. Our yard is a certifiable jungle in the back, as anyone who has seen it in person will attest. If anyone knows a good landscaper I am open to that.

---

November is officially booked up - every weekend there is a wedding for me. I just can't get over how strange this is. No one is getting married in June, and they all seem to have migrated to November. The person to snag my last weekend in November? A Katie. That makes her the 7th Katie and the phenomenon continues.

---

I have a ton of envelopes I've decided to give away. Over a year ago, before I was full time with Mthree Studio I attended a paper sale of a local company and bought up tons of beautiful envelopes thinking I could use them for my clients. I have a hard time passing up a good deal. Great thought, not so much a reality. Each client is so custom and I have yet to have anyone whose needs fit these envelopes, and I need the storage space. So, I'm giving them away. If you are making your own invites or save the dates and want them, send me an email and they are yours. There is one instance where I have enough of two sizes that match for a whole wedding set. Think about all your needs - rehearsal dinner invites, shower invites, thank yous, etc.
Here is what I have (A7 is a standard size that fits 5x7 pieces):
-100 A7 metallic silver
-200 A7 vellum with a subtle sparkle sheen, white
-125 6.5x4.75 white with a subtle sparkle sheen
-25 6.5x4.75 white pearlescent (showers, rehearsal dinners, save the dates?)
-50 A7 metallic black
-50 A7 metallic dark teal
-250 4 Bar (perfect size for rsvp or thank yous) in a subtle fabric-like white texture with a pretty, rich sheen to it.
-275 6x8 that match those listed above - a perfect set for a wedding!
-30 5.5x5.5 plain white from Broadway Paper
-140 A7 pearlescent just off white
-25 A7 off white opalescent
-100 A7 cream pearlescent

---

My good friend Britany graduated with a Master's in Teaching (Education?) in Nashville over the weekend! I am so proud of her! Congratulations Britany! I sent her a gift from Harry & David's and somehow it accidentally got delivered to her old apartment. The most amazing part? The man who lives there now called me and offered to drive it to her new house - all the way across town. And you know what? He did, immediately. I was and am so blown away by this random act of kindness from a complete stranger. Thank you package man! I'll be looking for a way to pay this forward soon, and I'm also encouraging all of you to commit a random act of kindness this week.

---

I'll be out of the office most of the day today for a family matter, please show mercy I will respond to emails tonight.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

oh, poor ringo! darn those groomers!

i am so excited for the wedding season- i actually wrote about how excited i am on my blog :0)

have a good monday hun!