I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Saturday, May 3, 2008

Julie & Tom



They caught each other's eyes at Highbury's one night while out with friends. It is one of those stories where no one was really searching for a mate, and then 'poof' there one is. Julie caught Tom's eye as he sat at the bar and then decided to approach him. Tom was so bowled over that a beautiful woman had approached him without any real prompting from him that I think he was gone right then and there.




Anyway, dating quickly commenced and Julie and Tom were a couple. A few years later they were celebrating an anniversary. Marriage had been a point of discussion, but Julie wasn't sure when Tom would pull the trigger. The romantic dinner they had planned seemed like a good time, but when she opened the jewelry box she was presented with she found a beautiful necklace, not a ring. Only a few hours later Tom surprised her with a matching ring and that all important question. She had been fooled, but being a fool in love is best kind of embarrassment.






We scored a beautiful early spring day for Julie and Tom's engagement session. We started out on Kinnikinnic Ave.(isn't that just fun to say? ) in Bayview, at the very bar where they met. Then Julie suggested a location that made her one of my favorite brides. She had scoped out this cool industrial area filled with all kinds of great textures and details - things that most people (Tom included I think) would never think would make good settings for pictures, but it was truly a dream location for me. The light was fantastic, there was rusting metal tubes staked up, concrete, colorful and well-traveled railroad cars - really who could ask for more? Julie and Tom were true naturals in front of the camera, their instincts were spot on. Thanks for a fantastic afternoon guys - you were more than a blast to shoot with. I can't wait for your wedding!




Here's the slideshow:

2 comments:

Harmony said...

these pictures are gorgeous!

what a cute couple! :0)

and i completely remember those planks- totally afraid of heights! i think i was just too worried about dropping ken's camera to notice i was actually afraid!!!!

:0) great shots molly!

jenn said...

I love these!

I feel really inspired now to do ours. Yeah!