I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seniors | Nick



This was my first "senior session". I haven't really marketed to portrait clients, but when someone asks, I am game. I'm still undecided if I'm equipped to handle a full compliment of Seniors, especially when that busy season coincides with Weddings.
But, when my cousin Jenny asked if I would do her son's Senior Pictures, I was more than happy to take a crack at it. And you know what? It was a total blast! Unlike weddings, we got to spend some time on each set-up a bit. My trusty assistant Harmony worked the bounce and altered settings while I kept Nick happy and camera friendly. He did a fantastic job. He wasn't afraid of the camera one bit and there wasn't an ounce of awkwardness. And he did it all with his mom and little sister looking on - now that is confidence.




Nick is definitely a classic Midwestern guy. Cars, four wheelers, hunting, fishing, sports - all are among his loves. But it was stock car racing that really lit up his face. Nick is in this cool program that allows him to intern on a pit crew for a local stock car racer and if his guy does well, he'll be eligible for a scholarship to go to school for such an occupation. He got access to the garage (and the cars!) and we had some serious fun there.








Senior pictures have come a long way since I was a High School Senior - I'd like to think I put a little Mthree spin on them here.
Thanks Nick for a great session!

6 comments:

Monica said...

Um, those are going to be WAY better than anything else the other kids in his class will show up with. I wish I could see the yearbook editor's reaction!

Claire said...

Yeah really! I second what she said! That four wheeler shot rocks!

Katie said...

All I got were cheesy headshots....I'm totally jealous! Where were you when I was in high school!

Molly said...

Awww. Thanks ladies! I'm almost tempted to blog one of my own cheese senior pics... but then again, maybe not.

Claire said...

:sniff sniff: Do I smell a dare coming on??? Do it!

Harmony said...

awesome pictures! i wish i had senior pics like those! :0)