I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wedding | Silva & Felipe



Silva and Felipe are already married. They've been married almost a year in fact, but they threw a fantastic reception in Madison for family and friends. And in September, they will have another one in Spain where Felipe is from. A wedding in three parts, as Silva put it - who would have ever thought? The reception was at the Orpheum Theater right on State Street and Silva and Felipe did a fantastic job of pulling together a playful vintage vibe for the evening. Let's take a look at the details first, shall we?



And some of the getting ready:







He had moved to New York six months ago, a transplant from Spain in a new country, a new culture, a new social atmosphere. He had met plenty of people at work, but you can only handle techie talk so long before you crave something more. And here he was in one of the most exciting and culturally rich cities in the world and he had yet to explore it. What he needed was a guide.
She had moved herself from the heart of dairyland to the hustle and bustle of New York City to finish school, and now she loved it. There was always so much to do, so much to see, but she wished there was someone to share it all with.
One night he sat down and wrote an ad describing all the things he hoped to do and see in New York and the type of person who would be ideal to do it all with. His mom had always said that if you write down your goals, your heart will take it as a contract. As he hit the "publish" button on Craigslist, his heart went with the little ad and so did his hopes.
She sat down at the computer one night, bored and looking for a distraction. The dating ads on Craigslist were always ripe for amusement, so she started there. There was the usual solicitations and oddball requests, all brought giggles and smirks to her lips. And then she saw it- a real ad. She opened it and couldn't believe what she was reading - this guy, this man, was describing her and all of the things she loved about New York. Too good to be true, right? Her midwestern sensibility had taught her to be cautious and skeptical. She printed out the ad and decided to sit on a it a few days before doing anything. As the time passed following her discovery, she couldn't stop thinking about the ad. 'What if?' she thought to herself, 'What if he is real?'. Figuring she had nothing to loose she emailed the mystery man in the ad. He emailed back, and then so did she. Eventually, they agreed upon a meeting place and time. She called her mom to fill her in on these unusual plans - better to have someone know where you are going when you agree to meet a stranger in New York, right? There was that sensibility again. He told his mom about the meeting too, his voice full of anticipation, hope and a little touch of fear. His mom promised to call in a few hours to see how it went. And that was how it was that at a lovely little cafe on a random street in New York that Felipe met Silva, his first non-work contact in New York, the love of his life, his adventurous partner, his wife. When the phones started ringing a few hours into a conversation that felt like it had just started, they both laughed - it was their mothers. Where were they? Where they okay?
Decidedly, yes. They were more than okay in fact.










For some reason, I was obsessed with Silva's shoes:


I swear to you, this one is straight out of the camera. I just love it:





And finally - the popcorn fight. We actually had permission for this. And I have to tell you, it was one of the most fantastically fun things I have ever seen done at a wedding. The guests loved it so much. Here are my favorite three from the different series we did - there are more in the slideshow below:




5 comments:

Harmony said...

beautiful molly! that wedding was awesome! great pics- popcorn shots turned out awesome! :0)

Claire said...

I have been anxiously awaiting the popcorn pic...and you did not disappoint! Love it! However, the 3D glasses shot is awesome!!! My fave of the three, for sure.

That first picture...stunning. Absolutely stunning.

jenn said...

What a fun wedding! Looks like they had a great time.

Silva looks really really familiar. I wonder if she went to school in Eau Claire...

Silva said...

The wedding was definitely very fun, I can't wait to see the rest of our photos!

And yes Jenn....I did go to school in Eau Claire (graduated in 2005) but I don't recognize you by your photo.....now I'm intrigued!

CusCus said...

Molly,

thanks for making me feel as if I was there. Amazing pics of an event that looks really funny.