I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, July 14, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. I know she wouldn't want a lot of fanfare over it, so I thought I would put her birthday post in with the rest of Miscellaneous Monday. I'll abstain from saying how old she is now, but I will say that she certainly doesn't look it. My sister held a little cookout in celebration for the family and we all had a really nice time enjoying the beyond beautiful weather for a few hours and showering Mom with some fun gifts. I hope she had fun.

Happy Birthday Mom!

---

Crazy fact about Mthree: I used to be an Animation Professor. Last Thursday one of my former students organized a get-together at Buca di Beppo. Yummy, and fun. I got to see about ten of my former students, who just graduated this year and are all onto their bright, shiny futures. It was a blast to catch up with all of them and hear what they were all up to. The one who organized it has actually been out of school a year already and living in L.A. and making great headway there. Her most recent project was being a post-production assistant on Dark Knight. Two of the others have formed a small production company with some others, two are off to graduate school, I wish all of them the very best! It was sad to leave them right before their senior year and I was pleased to see that they are still working hard and moving fast.

---

The next couple of weeks should be super crazy - I'll be second-shooting on Friday, cleaning at the county fair Saturday moning and then attending a wedding as a guest that night, then shooting another one on Sunday. Then Monday morning starts bright and early with County Fair judging, helping out most of that week throughout the fair all week and then shooting a wedding on that Friday, then another one on Saturday, then we have the Demolition Derby on Sunday and close down the County Fair that day too. The rest of July is clearly a little rough, so I'll be spending this week getting as much done as possible in preparation.

---

Hubby caught the iphone fever and tried to get a new one on Friday - no dice. He had to order his, but it should be here soon. His Blackberry took a big beating over the Fourth, so it hasn't been working very well, so I'll be happy when this one arrives. How long I'll be able to handle his teasing that he has the new iphone and I have the old one - that remains to be seen.

---

The whole Brett Favre thing - who even knows what to say? Hubby is a die hard Favre fan and is finding it hard to see fault in what is going on. Me, I think he is really sullying his name by allowing this wishy-washy nonsense to continue. He could call a press conference and put an end to it if he wanted to. This whole craziness over text messages, rumors and indecision is just nuts. I think most Packer fans are really sick of this season after season with him, regardless of the fact that he is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Decide if you want to play or not and buck up and be a team player about it. I think that is what bothers me most about him allowing this to go on - there is nothing about this behavior that says he is acting as a team player and that is very disappointing because he has always been held up as a great example of one. What do you guys think?
Do you welcome him back with open arms?

---

I don't have much for the Ringo update today - he has been doing great, and had some stellar days with potty training this last week. I never thought I would be the person who would get so excited about that kind of thing - but darn if I'm not beaming with pride when he emerges from his kennel dry.

---

Have a Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: