I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Engagement | Lindsay & Ben



One day in college her friend asked her to provide a little moral support while she approached a table in the cafeteria with two guys, one of whom the friend was interested in. Lindsay complied and that is how she met Ben, the other guy, the one her friend wasn't interested in. Good thing too, because as it turns out, Lindsay was.



Their story of coming together is romantic and a little spooky. Ben asked Lindsay out for the first time on Halloween night, a prospect made all the more interesting by the fact that Wisconsin Lutheran College is one of the top 25 most haunted places in Wisconsin. It used to be a Catholic correctional facility for girls and it has been said that you can spot a nun wandering in the boiler room on Halloween at midnight. Being the silly freshmen that they were, Lindsay and Ben thought they would check this out for themselves, searching the campus for wayward catholic girls and ghostly nuns. After sufficiently scaring themselves, they wandered away from their friends and out into the autumn night. They didn't find any haunted spirits that night, but they did find love.




Five years later they are done with school and talking about the future. Lindsay's mom offered up a family diamond and the two hit the jewelry store to have it reset. No proposal had been made and since Lindsay knew about the ring, Ben was going to have to act quickly and slyly. Lucky for him the ring was done a day earlier than expected. So after a long day of work in the dead of winter, Ben insisted they go for a walk in the park. A walk not unlike the one they took on their first date, except that the crunching leaves was now snow, and Lindsay was cold, not having been dressed for the outing. Ben faked needing to tie his shoe mid-way thru the walk and when Lindsay looked down she saw that instead of a shoelace, he was holding the ring.





Ben and Lindsay are BIG Brewer fans and so they decided to have their engagement session at Miller Park. This is open to anyone when the Brewers are out of town, but there is a fee. I wanted to be sure that they got their money's worth in the hour they were alloted to explore the field and all the inner-workings of the stadium as well as some great pictures to document it. We got to see some really cool stuff including the locker rooms, dugouts, pitching bullpen and we were even allowed on homeplate. I think we succeeded on both goals. Lindsay tells me that Ben still refuses to wash the jeans he wore that day because they have "Home Plate" dirt on them.








Check out the slideshow below for more images. I've been feeling pulled towards textures again. I had abandoned them before because I thought they were overtaking the pictures, let me know what you think with these new experiments.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Love the use in textures here!

I'm a huge baseball fan myself, so I really love that site for e-pics!