I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, July 10, 2008

Engagement | Katie & Rob



Sometimes love happens quickly. One minute you are a singleton, moving thru life just fine, and then the very next minute, your soul mate crosses your path and 'snap' you are part of a couple, forever linked, tied to and part of someone else. That is how it happened for Rob and Katie. Rob's intern set him up with his girlfriend's friend Katie for a date on a Friday night. That date led to an all day picnic the next day and by Monday morning Kate and Rob had returned to work as one part of a bigger whole. 'snap!'


this one's straight out of the camera:




Katie and Rob are just the most awesome couple. I have not doubt that if they lived here in Milwaukee, Hubby and I would be hanging out with them all the time. Their engagement shoot at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens was one of the most fun I have ever been on. They had me in stitches the entire time, despite the popcorn rainstorms that kept showing up and delaying our pictures. The subjects that got covered as we walked around - I can't even tell you, it was all just too fun. There were at least three other photographers there shooting e-pics as well, so we took up the challenge to get really creative with the locations we picked, and we got some odd looks for sure, but we had a blast. I can't wait for their wedding in Green Bay this fall.


There were these weird moss creatures in the children's area, it was very alice in wonderland and so we just had to take advantage of the odd setup:


While responding to an email, she glanced at her calendar hanging above her desk. There at the bottom of the fine-lined square in italics were the words "Washington's Birthday". Her eyes got big, her breath stilled, her hand instinctively flew to cover her open mouth. "this is it!" she thought to herself. "This is the day he is going to do it." She spent the whole day full of nervous energy and anticipation. They had agreed on no major holidays for the engagement, but this, this was a very minor holiday, and it would be just like Rob's sense of humor to choose today. Driving home from work she went over the possibilities in her head. They had friends coming over for dinner. The very friends that had introduced them - how had she not seen it before? She needed to change, to comb her hair, to check her makeup. One should look their best when being proposed to. Pulling in the driveway she did a quick internal victory dance over beating Rob home. Inside she set up some of the dinner items and then hit her closet to find something suitable for such a life altering event. "Just in case" she reminded herself. Afterall, she didn't want to set herself up for a big dissapointment, she could be wrong. She heard Rob come in the door and her frantic pace kicked up a notch. She couldn't do small talk - she might blurt something out. There was the normal greeting, then he turned to dinner preparations. She continued getting ready and then he decided to make his move. He began pestering her to look at a stack of pictures he had taken that day at work. He was trying out a co-worker's camera and he wanted her to see what a great job he had done. "Are you serious?!?" she thought to herself - "Our friends will be here any minute, dinner isn't even close to being ready, and I still have to do my hair!" she exclaimed. He persisted. So she relented, thinking "I'll page thru the pictures quickly and then he'll drop it." So she did just that, flipping thru the stack just quick enough to make it look like she was evaluating them without really paying attention. And then suddenly, her rapid flipping pace came to a very slow movement and pictures started falling to the floor. Scattered on the ground were now images of Rob holding a different sign in each one. Together they formed a question; Will you Marry Me?. She looked up and he could only grin wider than he ever had before...







The top picture here is one of my all-time favorites. I just love Rob's eyes in this one, and his expression:


Check out the slideshow for more pictures including the "Herb of the Year" (something we found totally hilarious especially since nothing said what the herb was and be darned if we could tell from looking at it) and a super cute frog that Rob caught:

2 comments:

Claire said...

I love the picture of her bustin a gut laughing in the slideshow. I also love the one in the slideshow with the huge white...arbor...thing...I think that's what it is, lol!

Okay...so....when's the book coming out? Ya know, the one where you have a few pics of the couple along with the italic blurb you write of their meeting/engagement/etc. A two page spread per couple. I always tear up and (out loud) say "awwww" whenever I read those...

Molly said...

Claire - That's a great idea! I think I'll make one at the end of every year to keep. (and if you want a copy...)