I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, July 21, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday/Tuesday

I'm a bit late with posting today - okay, a lot late. I've been at the Racine County Fair all day setting up. {Somewhat} little known fact about Mthree - I'm a Superintendent with the Racine County Fair. I have been for, oh, almost ten years now actually. Scary, I know. My Mom and I started doing the job as a way to do something together. We are in charge of the Arts & Crafts Competition for Open Class (which is for the general public as opposed to just 4-H members). Today was judging, and then setting up the displays of all the entries. Monday at the fair is one of my favorites. There is just a certain energy there on this day every year that I love - vendors are starting to set up their booths, kids are running around with their projects, animals are starting to arrive, there is that distinctive county fair air that reminds me of so many wonderful memories over the years. And, I get to see all of my old "county fair friends" that I only see once a year. Inevitably, they show up with a new baby in tow these past couple of years, which is always fun to see. County Fair week is by far one of the best of the year. And the food... don't even get me started about the food. I'll be back out there Wednesday and Sunday and I can't wait.

---

Friday I second shot with the incomparable Heather Cook Elliott at a wedding in Lake Geneva. I have never seen two more attractive families in all my life. Seriously, everyone, everyone, from the tiniest babies to the 85 year old grandparents - the entire guest list was straight out of a catalog. And boy, it is as if the whole group was dressed by the stylists from J Crew. The reception was at The Riviera, which is a gorgeous venue full of yummy light. The whole event was just a joy to shoot from start to finish. I would love to shoot there again - so if any one out there is booked at The Riviera and looking for a photographer - I'll give the first one to contact me 10% off just for the opportunity to shoot there again.

---

Saturday was our friends Nick and Sara's wedding. As a friend I've been helping Sara with this wedding, and also as a vendor - I did all of her paper design. It was wonderful to see all of her plans come together in such fantastic fashion. The wonderful Danica was there to see to it that all went smoothly (it did) and Sara couldn't have been a more beautiful bride. The ceremony was at Villa Terrace and had to be inside due to the rain, but was still so lovely. And the reception was at Joey Buonas - which has a really nice banquet area upstairs just full of charm. I did my best to be just a guest and only take pictures from that viewpoint. As a photographer myself I didn't want to be that annoying guest competing for pictures with the pro. Though I did run around and snag detail shots before the photog and the wedding party arrived at the cocktail hour. Hey, I designed the stuff! I don't have time to edit these shots so it is straight out of the camera today, and some of the more personal ones were shot by Hubby and Jamie, but here you go:








The infamous Jamie:

Hubby loves this one, so I thought I would humor him:

The boys at the bar:


Nick has the cutest little brother who just totally stole the show all day:

Hubby on the dance floor and lovin' it:

This one I will only explain to you one day if you give me a lot of tequila:


---

Finally, on Sunday I shot Dawn & Sam's wedding (watch for those pics soon!). Everything went super well for them. It was crazy hot and humid, but they took it stride. Yup, your math is correct, I did three weddings this weekend. This is one tired little wedding professional.

---

Hubby got an iphone - we are in for some trouble now. I thought he was lethal with his old Blackberry, but the iphone should elevate that to new heights.

---

Jamie and Hubby and I stopped in to visit Monica and Victoria at The White Box before heading to the reception for the wedding on Saturday. Have I mentioned lately that you all should check that place out? Everytime I pop in something new and fabulous is going on.

---

Ringo has developed the most fantastic new skill - but it needs a picture, so I'll have to wait until next week to tell you about it.

---

Hope your week started off well!

4 comments:

Kimberley Bednarski Anderson said...

More freaky weirdness...not only did you live on my street, we went to the same college (though by vastly different years) but I GREW UP IN UNION GROVE AND HAVE NOT MISSED A RACINE COUNTY FAIR SINCE 1979. I cannot believe that we did not meet before this. You know we must have passed each other hundreds of times in different places in our lives! Life is funny!

Molly said...

Kim- the twilight zone between us continues! That is amazing!

Claire said...

Oh you bad girl! Leaving us on a cliffhanger like that! ;)

jenn said...

I was in Raymond 4-H for two years-in dogs (surprise) and home furnishings. Now if I go to fair it's a giant hs reunion...
But it is super cool to hear that you work with the fair so closely!

Also, I really liked the feel of that wedding. I love branches...