I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, July 7, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

Well, I have seen the sun rise on another Fourth of July from behind a fireworks store. I don't know that it would really feel like the Fourth without that anymore. Hubby's crew did a phenomenal job this year and allowed him to do his job better and get sleep to boot. (Sleeping during the week of the Fourth = HUGE luxury) The store had a great Fourth and they already have their sights set on next year. Ringo spent the day with my family at the big Fourth party my Aunt Deb and Uncle Rod throw. I was able to join them for the last two hours of it and everyone said what a good dog Ringo had been all day. He must have had fun, he was totally exhausted by the time I got there. We watched the fireworks show together (Ringo was totally unfazed) and then left to go to another show put on by hubby for all of his workers. Ringo didn't tolerate that one as well ( we were too close to the fireworks I think) and so we took refuge in the truck and promptly fell asleep. Ahhh.... the Fourth.

---

The Tom Petty concert was fantastic. Hubby says the best we have been to. I think one of the ones we have seen in Chicago could be considered just as good. But I will say this, Petty looked really good. I don't know if someone gave him a makeover or if he is just feeling better, but in previous years he has been looking pretty gaunt and scarecrow like, but this year he looked really healthy and younger, like he had plenty of years left in him. I hope so. He didn't play our song (he never does), but it still rocked. Hubby learned that being sleep deprived means you get drunker a lot faster, and our cousin Nick learned about the power of Cosmos. And Claire, I was careful to be extra loud (with beer in hand) for "Oh my my, Oh H*ll yes..." just for you. I wish we could see Petty every year at Summerfest.

---

In other Ringo news, we seemed to have taken a giant step backwards in the potty training department since his fix. I don't know if the two are actually related or not, but since we have had him back there has been a big increase in the number of accidents and I won't even speak of the kennel messes...

---

Silva and Felipe's Reception is this Friday - I can't wait. Mostly because we are going to be throwing popcorn....

---

We have Jimmy Buffet tickets for sale for July 19th. Hubby promises to give me the info later today so you can buy them - stay tuned. If you have never been to Buffet - there is no time like the present to check out this phenomenon.

---

In case anyone is still wondering "Where's Waldo?", Harmony and I found him on the way home from Alejandra & Eric's Wedding the other week:


(taken with the iphone)

---

Gotta get to work - Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Claire said...

They're throwing popcorn? As in, instead of birdseed or rose petals or streamers or *insert whichever other one everyone else does here*??? How COOL is that! I can not wait for the pictures!

Thank you thank you for the nod from the Petty concert. :sigh: Again, much jealousy here. Glad you had a blast! But...you can't throw it out there that he never plays your and hubby's song, and then not tell us what that song is????!

Molly said...

The reception is in a movie theater - so we are staging a awesome shot with all of their guests and the place gave them permission to throw popcorn! How cool is that?

Our Tom Petty song is "You and Me" - we wanted that one and "My Las Name" by Dierks Bentley as our first dance song, we chose the Dierks song, but followed it immediately with the Petty one and we consider both our song.