I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting




I had planned to go down to Franksville and visit my Dad the poll-worker and get a few election day shots for you, but he called me this morning and said no cameras were allowed unless I have credentials. I don't. Apparently being the child of a poll-worker is not enough, even in tiny Franksville.

So then I thought, well I'll do a cute picture of Ringo wearing my "I Voted" sticker. But then, they didn't have any at our polling place. I guess they aren't concerned about inspiring people to vote today.

The news is abuzz with polling place reports of people standing in line for hours. Hubby and I got up early (hey, 8 am is early for us) and went to our polling place first thing this morning, anticipating a line. It turns out, if you aren't already registered, you get to go to a special table, fill out your registration and then skip the line. Woot! We were in and out in 20 minutes, tops. Hubby says "It is almost worth moving again before the next election!". We did feel kind of bad for all of the people in line that we passed on our way out.

So that is my long excuse on why I have no Mthree created photography for this post. My find on google images will have to do.

If you haven't voted yet today, please do. It is your right as an American citizen. One that has been fought for, died for, wished for and lived for by so many before you. We take it for granted all too often or we bellyache about how our vote doesn't count. Imagine if you weren't allowed to vote - now that would be something to complain about. So, no matter how long the line is today - stand in it.

No comments: