I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, November 24, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

First, I've heard a couple of reports of people who have contacted me (presumably thru the contact form on my website) and they haven't heard back from me. If that is you, then I didn't get your email. Please send it again, directly to me, or give me a call. I respond to ALL inquiries, without fail. I've had this issue looked at a few times, and there seems to be no malfunction, yet a few still slip thru somehow.

---

Ringo got to experience snow for the first time today! I've been anxiously waiting for this, so I made Hubby get out of bed this morning and take him out with me so we could both see his reaction. He took about four steps onto the sidewalk and turned around to go back inside initially. But we took him out anyway, and despite his shivering (I need to buy him boots) he was pretty curious about it. Of course, I took pictures:



---

Last weekend was a double whammy with weddings on Friday and Saturday. Major kudos to both wedding parties who braved the cold, if even only briefly for a few outdoor shots. Monica from The White Box shadowed me on Friday as my assistant to get a photographer's perspective on a wedding day, and I'm very curious to see her blog post about it. There are only two more weddings left for me this year. The past sixteen weeks of my "gauntlet of weddings" has been incredible, and I can't believe it is almost over. I have loved each and every wedding, but I'm looking forward to my three weeks "off" (the quotes elude to the fact that I won't be shooting, but I'll still be working my tail off) over the holidays before the first wedding of 2009 on January 2nd.

---

Hubby was deer hunting this past weekend, but saw nothing and therefore got nothing. He was also extremely disappointed that his iPhone didn't have signal in the woods, and so he could not google-earth himself. My friend Paul called me from the woods on Friday ( I think) for our annual talk because he is bored sitting in his tree, but I was shooting and so I couldn't chat. Sorry Paul!

---

Why does everyone want to get married in September and October of next year? I've had soooo many inquiries for those months, it is really incredible. In fact my email just went "bing" with another inquiry for October as I was typing this ( I kid you not!).

---

Thanks to everyone who sent recipes and suggestions for Thanksgiving. I've always loved this game local radio dj's Bob & Brian play. It is called "Where are you going and what are you taking". So, please let me know in the comments - where you are going and what you are taking.
I'll start - we are going to Franksville, Racine and the Racine/Kenosha County Line (yep, that's right, three thanksgivings) with sweet potato souffle, harvest sangria, and Ringo for entertainment.

---

I'm pretty sure I hear a snowblower right now. Wait, it is in my driveway - Hubby's Dad must be here. The man has the week off - and what does he do? He comes and snowblows the inch off of our driveway. So nice!

---

Well, I should get to work- much editing to do! Up this week on the blog will be Erin & Dennis's engagement, a brother and sister session for Kristen & Steve, a engagement session for Jenn & Eric and hopefully Darcy & Bryon's wedding.

---

Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

Claire said...

How cute is Ringo?!?!!

We are going to: Mathews, Al. for DH's family, and are taking peach cobbler. Andalusia, Al. for my family, and taking nothing. (But my cousin-in-law Amanda will be bringing her amazing brocolli casserole...)

Monica said...

Yes, yes, I've got the hint. You will see an "Mthree Shadow Day" Post. Don't worry. :-)

Unknown said...

Best of luck with the booties for Ringo. Our dogs would rather chew on theirs than wear them.... : )

MrsGrocho said...

Glad to hear you decided on a beverage to pass for one of your festivities...drinks are always good.

As for B&B's holiday ritual, "Where you going what are you taking?" - Staying home and cooking for the in-laws...so my answer is "Going Crazy and taking my stuffing with me!"

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
-Christie

Molly said...

Christie - You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

We are going to Monona, WI and I am bringing Pioneer Woman's potatoes, Cedarburg Spice wine, and some kind of crazy dessert that I should probably not attempt.