I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, November 20, 2008

Emily & Jeff | Engagement



The wind whipped thru her hair as she steered the boat around the lake, driving fast. She liked the feeling of going fast, it made her feel in control, something that was truly a luxury lately. Finding a teaching position had been more than trying. Trying to move forward was all the more difficult because Jeff had found a job over an hour away. So now here she was, wondering what the future held for her, she was starting to think that maybe it was different that what she had planned. They came to the middle of the lake and she slowed the boat down so they could talk. A few minutes later they were deep in conversation as she lazily kept an eye on the steering wheel. It was the same conversation they had every week, reviewing the prospects she had found, the possibilities. She leaned against his chest as he talked, listening admittedly, a bit half-heartedly. A few minutes later she realized the conversation had taken a bit of a turn. He was saying things like "don't worry" and "I'll take care of you". She sat up and turned to look at him. "What are we talking about here?" she asked. He smiled and then went down on one knee, pulled a ring out if his pocket and looked up at her. "We are talking about getting married, aren't we?" he asked. She stared at him in disbelief. And then the question, the all important question escaped his mouth and suddenly her path seemed sure, correct and completely on course.








From the first meeting I had with Emily and Jeff I have known that they were a classic Mthree couple. The kind who feels more like friends than clients, and after their engagement shoot that is absolutely the case. We had such an awesome time on their shoot - laughing, telling stories, dodging park "rangers" and bracing ourselves against the cold. Thanks for a great shoot Jeff & Emily - can't wait for your wedding!











Enjoy the slideshow!

3 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

What a gorgeous couple. Love the first one in the field.

Monica said...

Meghan: Have you seen Molly's post today?

Me: Not yet, why?

Meghan: It's an engagement shoot. And every one of the pictures is gorgeous.

I agree, Molly. And from what little I know of them, they do seem like classic Mthree (a major compliment I think!). :-)

jessica lynn said...

the first three and the last 2 are my favorites!