I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, November 3, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

I've been nursing a wicked cold all weekend so forgive me if this weeks' Misc. isn't too fabulous.

---

Sunday I found enough energy to FINALLY finish planting the last of the plants in our front yard. So, the project that I had hoped to have done by the start of summer, then when I got more realistic, by the end of summer, is finally done (save for the mulching) in the middle of fall. What frustrates me the most about this is I actually really like working in the yard, I just never have time to do it.

---

Big kudos to Assistant Jamie for sticking it out this Saturday with the same cold I have for Darcy & Bryon's wedding. We were quite the pair - though luckily she is a few days ahead of me in recovery. We doped ourselves up good and made it thru without anyone realizing we were sick I think. Whew!

---

Speaking of this weekend's wedding, we were grabbing a quick shot of Darcy & Bryon in front of these seemingly generic windows in a hallway and I got seriously excited about it because of the beautiful light. I had to show them the preview on the camera, and Darcy says "Yes Molly, we know, the LIGHT!" and laughs. I guess I talk about light a bit too much.... :0)

---

I just looked at my calendar and realized that there aren't any engagement shoots scheduled for November. So if anyone was hoping to sneak one in before the holidays - now is the time to say so!

---

Take the time today to figure out where your polling place is for tomorrow. Everyone needs to vote. Everyone.
For those of you in Wisconsin, here is where you can figure that out.

---

Speaking of the election, my Dad is retired, and one of his favorite volunteer jobs is working the local polling place in Franksville. I'm hoping to stop in and get a few shots of him in all of his election-glory. I'm not sure if they allow that sort of thing, but I'm hoping so.

---

There was this article in the Journal Sentinel on Sunday about the new energy saving lightbulbs. I had no idea that a law had been passed that by 2010 all lightbulbs have to be these awful flourescent things. I certainly hope by then they figure out a better way of approximating tungsten light (like we currently get out of incandescent bulbs), because the current results are ghastly.

---

Since my outdoor project is done, my new project is the inside of our house. I've been planning for some time to make the house interior my winter project. I'm hoping to really get a great bulk of painting, lighting fixture replacement and decorating done this winter. We have lived here almost two years and still I feel the need to make excuses when someone sees our house for the first time. I swore I would never be that person, and yet here I am. I've been stewing ideas all summer for our bedroom, my office and the living room, and the spare room. Now I just have to get Hubby's input...

---

One other project I have for the last two months of the year is to finish the stack of business books I have. I asked for all of them last year for Christmas and I am only 1/2 way thru one of them and 3/4 of the way thru another one. I'm determined to get thru them before the year mark. I know I can proubably finish two of them on the way to and in Jamaica (nowhere better to read than the beach!), but I'm going to have to devote a bit of each evening to reach this goal. And well, you know I've got a new list for this christmas...

---

I'm off to the SEWPPA meeting for the day and then off to meet Meghan about her wedding photography. Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Don't worry Molly, we've been in our house 5 years and I still feel the same way. Ugh. I'm hoping once I let this job go, I will have time, and energy to do some stuff.

I must disagree with "everyone" needing to vote. I don't believe anyone should vote unless they are intelligently informed about the candidates and have made their decision based on that information, and not on "my mom is voting for him" or "i like the way his name sounds better" kind of thing. I do believe everyone should sit up and take interest, and inform themselves, and go vote; I just don't like to see people voting blindly. So yeah, there's my two cents. ;)

Molly said...

Good point Claire!

Unknown said...

I absolutely hate compact fluorescent light bulbs. When the time comes that they stop making them, I fully intend on stocking up and filling an entire closet with incandescent bulbs.

I mentioned how much I hated the compact fluorescent bulbs to a coworker and she told me she'd never noticed a difference. She also has no problem with the fluorescent bulbs in our office.

Harmony said...

you sooooo talk about light all the time- but i love you for it! :0)