I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Monday, November 17, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

First, if you haven't seen Holly & Eric's Engagement session that I posted late on Friday - be sure to check it out below.

---

Optimus was over playing with Ringo last week, so I took the opportunity to get a shot of their matching sweatshirts. Dog photography is really hard - especially with two of them, so please excuse the unfabulousness and Jamie's knees in the background (she played dog wrangler). How cute are they though?




And you can see just how skinny Ringo really is - his bulk is an illusion created by fur.
In other Ringo news, he has been working hard at protecting Hubby and I from all of the blowing leaves in the yard (which are present despite my persistent raking). It is quite hilarious. If you follow my facebook, you know that he also has a mean battle going on with blowing trash cans in our cul-de-sac. I really should borrow Hubby's camera and video it for you - quite hilarious!

---

If 2007 was they year of Brides named Kate, then 2008 will be the year of Grooms named Eric. I have five.
Two of which are marrying a "Jen". :0)

---

Hubby is looking forward to google earthing where he is in his tree stand while deer hunting. Google Earth is a new toy for Hubby. I wonder if there is an iphone app that will help him find a deer?

---

Speaking of Hubby, he has mentioned every day this past week that I didn't do Misc. Monday last week. I said he was attached to it, didn't I?

---

Last weekend's wedding reception was at the War Memorial. I tell you, the pictures on the internet do not do this place justice. It is pretty cool, and when handled correctly can be quite the venue.

---

If your Mom is anything like mine, she is already hinting at needing a Christmas List from you. (to be fair, mine hasn't asked yet, but I know she will at Thanksgiving) This year, I got smart and I've been using Wishpot to keep track of all of the cool stuff I see that I like while playing on the internet. If you haven't discovered Wishpot for yourself yet, check it out. You can make it a little button on your browser even, and then when you see something you like, just click "add to wishpot" and it does. You can organize stuff into categories, rate it by how much you would like it, etc. Ringo even has a wishpot. And, you can share this list with anyone you want via email or even Facebook, making holiday shopping painless. If only everyone on my list was a Wishpot user. Ahhh, well a girl can dream.

---

Last week I launched the Mthree Studio Holiday Cards, which have been quite a hit. Email me if you want the info. I know it seems early - but these things take time! I've got more holiday goodness coming your way soon, so stay tuned!

---

If you haven't seen this yet, you are missing out! LOL!

---

Anyone have any ideas on what I can bring to Thanksgiving? Last year I attempted my first pumpkin pie - it went pretty well. Hubby's family is so big that all dishes are already covered a few times over, so I can bring almost anything.

---

Was anyone else surprised to see that TRL is done? I was never a big fan ( I like to watch the whole video, thank you very much). But it seems like an institution of MTV has died.

---

I fear I have become the crotchety old person I hated as a teenager. I just don't get the clothes I see them wearing. Seriously, I participated in the '80's. It was ugly, cruel, and all in bad taste. Why revive it? I saw a girl in metallic pleather tights with an oversized frumpy sweater and colored ugg boots a couple of weeks ago. It was hideous. I swear I saw someone with one of those t-shirt buckles where you slide it thru and gather it to the side last week. Leg warmers, biker shorts under skirts, oversized tops that show no shape, plastic jewelry. Not all eras need to be revisited. Let's just leave this one behind, shall we? I thought we had evolved. My friend Jamie says she heard stirrup pants are back. You will NOT be seeing me in those again. Jamie is a middle school teacher and she confirmed for me that, indeed, they are all dressed like it is a Back from the Future casting call. Let the ugliness stop!

---

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen on the hideous 80's clothes. I work in a high school and see way too much of it.

MrsGrocho said...

As a high school teacher I am seeing all of the old trends becoming new again. As you mentioned,....it is not pretty! As for TRL...I am glad to see it go. It wasn't the same after Carson left and all of those no-name veejays/hosts started taking over. Lastly, for Thanksgiving instead of bringing a dish could you bring a new drink (slushy, sangria, etc.)?! We already have enough to eat but could there ever be too much to drink?!

Claire said...

I was afraid that stirrups were coming back. I saw a wedding guest with them on a couple weeks ago. It was awful!

Ringo is so skinny! How cute!!!

MTV died a long time ago for me. Around the time that they quit playing music videos and instead started playing television shows. I remember when MTV was cool. I still have the VHS tape I made of MTV's Guns N' Roses weekend. Now if I turn on MTV I find a daughter discussing the naughty with her parents??? No thank you.

(climbing down off my soapbox now...)