I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wedding | Laura & Jesse



The two guitarists strummed along and sang their tune, leading the thirty guests up a hill like ancient pied pipers. There was a low din among the guests of whispers, laughter and wonderment. Thru a small archway in the treeline they walked, around thorny bushes, twisted tree trunks and under a canopy of green. The group emerged within a natural circle punctuated by one mighty evergreen tree, it's trunk bare until about 12 feet in the air. There stood a happy couple, the bride giggling with delight and the groom grinning from ear to ear. They gestured and welcomed all of their nearest and dearest to circle 'round them and witness their commitment.



Laura and Jesse had a wonderful laid back wedding in a local Milwaukee park on a day that was supposed to be rainy and cold, bu instead was sunny and temperate without a drop of rain until the guests were getting in their cars to leave. They were legally married on leap day in Las Vegas, by an Elvis impersonator. But this ceremony was for sharing with their friends and family the deeper, spiritual side of their commitment. Jesse's dad officiated, his brother sang and Laura's sister read. Everyone stood around them in a big circle, lending their love and support as the words were spoken. It felt intimate and dramatic all at once.



The day was stripped of all the usual wedding trappings, and only the core of what really matters was there - fun, family, friends, time to spend with those people, good food, music and memories. There was no cake cutting, no first dance, no toasts or garter toss, but none of it was missed. The wonderful Saz's catered the event, an Elvis impersonator entertained for awhile and there was plenty of hanging out time. The look was decidedly vintage - somewhat forties, in some details older, sometimes a little fifties, but always nostalgic.

I took my editing cues from that vibe and I've decided to only show you the pictures as a vintage feel. Laura & Jesse will be getting a set that has all the pictures as crisp, clean, color versions, but a good portion will also be interpreted with this more vintage look. Usually on the blog I show you a mix of all of this. But this story I think really deserves to be told this way - it is something I'm considering doing for future blog posts as well. After all, it is this version that tells it how I see it, and that is what my clients are looking for I hope.






This one following has to be explained. Laura had just finished her vows, and Jesse found it highly amusing that she was so serious about it and then proceeded to make these faces in reaction:

Everyone started laughing, so Jesse exclaimed "I've never seen her be so serious!"






Here is the slideshow. Enjoy!
(if you are reading from a blog reader, I believe you have to click into the actual blog to see the slideshows)

2 comments:

Laura said...

They are great. I can't wait to see more. I don't know why I can't see the slidshow.

Unknown said...

The pics are beautiful. Though I'm also getting an error on the slideshow.