I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Engagement | Kristen & Griffin



Kristen and Griffin could be on one of those eHarmony commercials. Their story comes straight from there - both signed up looking for a mate, and their first match was each other. A few conversations later and they were meeting at a local restaurant. Griffin doesn't even remember what kind of food they served, only that he was nervous to meet Kristen. The date went well though, and the two were soon inseperable and no longer in need of their eHarmony accounts.



Awhile later they both decided that a fresh start was in order. Neither was in love with their jobs, and so they decided to move to Milwaukee (Griffin has family in the Madison area). In the midst of packing up their house, Griffin convinced Kristen to take a break and go for a walk in one of their favorite parks. They had brought along a camera to capture a few shots before leaving town. After taking a few of Kristen near a bluff, Griffin handed over the camera to Kristen to play photographer. He asked her to back up, and she did, turning around to be sure she didn't fall. When she turned back around to snap the shot, she saw Griffin going down on one knee, ring in hand. She said yes, they snapped some deliriously happy pictures and then moved to Wisconsin. What I love about their story is that they were both committed before the proposal, committed enough to move cross-country together.





Kristen requested locations that would be "very Milwaukee", so I had fun showing them around a bit in the city, and hitting some more iconic locations.






Kristen & Griffin are getting married next May in Door County. The wonderful Danica is coordinating, so I know the day will go on without a hitch (well except for the married kind).


Here's the slideshow - watch out for a subliminal shape that pops up in one picture - kudos to the first one to find it.
(If you are using a blog reader, you have to click out of it and into the actual blog to see the slideshows)

4 comments:

Kristen & Griffin said...

Thanks so much Molly! We are so happy with the pictures and definitely appreciate all of the extra time you put into showing us around Milwaukee! I think I spotted the ghost image (is there a bright green golf tee coming out of my knee??). See you next year!

Kristen

Harmony said...

what a absolutely adorable story- and couple! :0)

Molly said...

Interesting find by Kristen, but she is wrong.
Keep lookin' guys!

Danica said...

Awwwww.....they look absolutely adorable! Love all of the pics. Can't wait to work with you on this one.