I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father's Day



(photo by Heather Cook Elliott)

What to say about my Dad? It is always hard to talk about one of my parents with out talking about the other one.
My dad is one of those ones that your friends say when you bring him up "Oh, I love your Dad", and that is because he is genuinely interested in people. We used to tease him on family road trips because a rest stop always took forever - my dad was telling "our life story" (as we sarcastically put it) to the check-out clerk, making another friend. He is someone all of us kids turn to for level-headed advice, most especially because that advice is always packaged with a layer of "that is what I think, but you have to do what you want" attitude. He has long been my friend as well as my father. He is an optimist, always seeing positives in everyone and every situation, and if there is one thing he has taught me (by example) it is to be generous, because he is so generous with his time, his patience, his talents, all of it. My dad is my cheerleader and my PR person - someone who believes my possibilities are endless, my talent knows no bounds. Everyone (especially every artist) needs someone like that in their lives.

Happy Father's Day Dad!



This year is my second with an "official" Father-in-law. Last year though, that kind of got glossed over with Hubby and I freshly married and two of our closest friends marrying the day before Father's Day. Hubby's dad is a classic - one of those ones that worries about his children and protects his brood with undying resolve. Whatever it is that we have ever needed done, he is ready and willing - fixing my car (more times than I can count), helping us with the house, fixing our snowblower, the list goes on and on. My favorite part about him though is watching him with little kids or Ringo - he just turns into this big teddy bear and his eyes sparkle with anticipation of what they might say or do next. For all the little kids in the family, he is a favorite, and it isn't unusual to see one napping in his arms or chasing him around the yard. This is my favorite picture of my Father-in-Law, I just love the pride that is seeping out of him showing off Hubby to whomever will look:




Happy Father's Day Big Kenny!

No comments: