I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Engagement | Amanda & Andy



They met among the flying frisbees, smoking bbq grills and clinking beer bottles of a 40 person UW-Milwaukee swim team's ultimate frisbee picnic. A lot of team members meant a lot of friends, and that is exactly what they were until graduation day neared. Having grown closer and closer (and Andy having figured out exactly which Amanda his crush was), one night after a few drinks he decided to let it all hang out. As Amanda put it "Suddenly, he was declaring his undying love for me" and there she was planning to move away to the big city and be "that girl" for awhile. My how plans can change.



A few years later, and halfway thru studying for the bar exam (for Amanda) Andy requested that she take just one night off so they could have a "date night". The plan was to do so on a Sunday. Saturday night Amanda was exhausted after a long 8 hours in a bar exam class, having been holed up inside with books on what was a beautiful sunny June day. No one had the energy to cook, so they went out to dinner. During dinner Amanda suggested that this should be their date night instead. Andy hesitated, but then agreed. Upon returning home, Andy ran off to the bedroom and Amanda was busy with putting leftovers away, removing contacts, etc. She went looking for Andy and then there he came down the hallway in a different shirt. She was confused as to why he would change clothes when suddenly halfway down the hallway, he dropped to one knee. The proposal was simple and not what he had planned (for the "date night" they had planned), but perfect none the less. And for the record, he changed shirts because well obviously, one should look their best when asking the love of their life to spend forever with them.



Amanda and Andy's wedding isn't until May of 2009, but since they live in New York, we took advantage of a visit here to do their engagement shoot. We were fortunate to get a beautiful sunny day, and Amanda and Andy rocked it.










Here is the slideshow, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I can't even pick a favorite for this one, that's how much I like them all!