I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Sunday, June 22, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

If you didn't catch Kate & Adam's Wedding blog post (posted on Saturday morning) yet, please scroll down, they are not to be missed!

---

I went to a Bachelorette Party for our friend Sara on Saturday. I would like to proudly tell you that I, the oldest attendee (besides the moms), hung longer and harder than almost everyone else, except for my good friend Jamie. The party started hard at 3pm with tailgating at a Brewers Game and then we moved on to bar-hopping. Jamie and I went toe-to-toe with everyone (more or less) and we still outlasted the 23 year old bride who called it quits at Midnight (in her defense she had been drinking steadily since three). I know it is petty, but this makes me feel good about my age. I also ran into Lisa from The White Box Shoot we did back in February (she's the one who's image graces the beginning of the slideshow on my website). Great party thrown by Sara's bridesmaids - everyone had a blast. I'm really looking forward to the wedding (as a guest) in a month.

---

Ringo turned Six Months Old yesterday. He goes in for his "fix" next week, this is not Hubby's favorite subject.
Here is a shot I took of him after his bath last week (hence the wet look):


and lounging in my office chair:


---

It is no secret that Hubby works in Fireworks. He runs the store at I-94 and Hwy G in Racine County, the big yellow building. (As a consequence of this career, I have seen him very little lately)
He would like me to remind all of you to GET YOUR FIREWORKS EARLY. Don't wait till the fourth, third, or even the second of July. I promise you, they will have no new items then that they don't have now. You will have a better selection if you go now, and a better chance of being able to get some sales help. With the Fourth falling on a weekend this year, it is going to be absolutely nuts at the store. You will wait an hour in line just to get in if you put this off. And once you are in, it will be hot, crowded (with a lot of people you don't want to smell) and picked over, so go early! I'm sure if you told Hubby that you are a loyal Mthree Studio Blog reader, he would do what he can to help you out (which actually he would do for any customer).
Just to further convince you, here is a shot that we hired an aerial photographer to take on July 3rd two years ago:

See that line of people?

---

I'm going to be working hard to get all caught up on editing this week. I really want to leave for Alejandra & Eric's wedding on Saturday knowing that when I get back, I'll be able to start editing their images right away. Send me some good work and focus vibes!

---

I saw this over at Black Eiffel this morning and it totally stole my heart. If only I had owned a stack of these postcards when Hubby and I lived where those two hearts are for three years- I would have sent him one every week!

You can get your own (with hearts where you want them) from Rarrar Press. I know a lot of my brides are living far away from most of their family - these would be great announcements to use.

---

Have a happy Monday!

4 comments:

resl said...

I love that you were at the brewers game for a bachelorette party!

I was there with Lisa (she didn't tell me she saw you!) for our friend laura's and it was crazy. We saw so many brides to be (apparently this is the season) and out downtown too it was crazy.

Sounds like you had as much fun as we did!

Molly said...

Aw, Resl- I really wish I had seen you there! I would have loved for you to have met Jamie, and I just have a hunch that you know how to bring the party!

Claire said...

That line is a mess! Focus vibes for you, and sanity vibes for hubby, lol!

Oh - and that second pic of Ringo is to die for!

MrsGrocho said...

Just did my weekly blog check and thanks to you,.... discovered a new band. Sunday Afternoon are great. Thanks!!! - Christie