I'm mthree. Those are my initials. Always have been, and thanks to a hubby with a "M" last name; always will be.

I've been a designer for over ten years, I was an animator and a filmmaker once, I was a bride before I was a photographer, I'm a new business owner, but I've always been an artist.

You can get a glimpse of where I've been, a better look at where I am and a peek at where I'm going right here.



You gotta S -T-R-E-T-C-H your browser window to see the BIG pictures...



Friday, June 27, 2008

Published....Twice!

I've been published!

The ever popular "sparkler shot" from Harmony and Darin's wedding is getting some more attention in the latest issue of Wisconsin Bride Magazine. Go to your newsstand and pick up the latest issue because it is gorgeous and chock full of good stuff. Be sure to check out page 20 for my ad, and page 84 for the "Pictures from Friends" feature on Harmony and Darin. I think I might have to officially retire that shot now. It's funny, I'm a lot prouder of at least twenty other shots, but that one always gets the attention, people just love it. I'm pretty proud of myself, it only took a year after officially starting my business to get something published. Now my goal is to get a whole wedding featured.




WI Bride comes out twice a year, in July and in January. Also published were my photography friends Heather Cook Elliott and Amy Gaerthofner of Ardent Photography. My pals over at Front Room also had a few pics used in the "Top of the Tiara" award page, though they don't appear to have been credited.

I went to the "Best of 2008" awards party that the magazine held on Monday and we got our copies of the issue there. The awards are a bit confusing to me - I'm not 100% sure how the votes are collected and winners are determined, it seems that just whoever visits the WI Bride website votes, as many times as they wish and then the most vote-getters are the nominees and winners. But hey, if their clients love them enough to get that many votes then they must deserve it! But the cocktail party was pretty good, held at the beautiful Ambassador Hotel. I got to hang out with some great industry friends; Eron, Monica, Amy, Craig (and his lovely wife Angie) and we all went for dinner at Kincaids - yummm!

And, in a stroke of luck, I was also published in the Shepherd Express this week. A goofy headshot I took of Monica of The White Box of Wedding Design is used in a brief article they wrote on her:
Click Here

I'm busy getting ready for Alejandra & Erik's wedding tomorrow. I didn't meet my editing goal for the week, but I'm closer. This is going to be a truly insane weekend in the Michel household. Hubby is obviously busy with fireworks, this being the weekend before the Fourth and all, and will be working some crazy hours, and I have an all day wedding tomorrow and then three engagement shoots on Sunday in Madison. And we will be shuffling Ringo around to babysitters inbetween everything. Whew! I'll be back on the blog on Monday. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Goofy?? I kind of liked it...

:-)

Molly said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, you look fab! Just not your traditional headshot.... but then again, Monica, you are anything but traditional.

Monica said...

It's all you, Molly.

jenn said...

That is my favorite bridal magazine. Congrats!